LooLoo
junior member
- Joined
- Aug 9, 2019
- Messages
- 54
- Age
- 57
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Thanks @sistersinhim and @Chemist Good to know and helps to calm my anxiety!
United States
United StatesYeah, that probably would be very uncomfortable for you after surgery. Best case scenario you get a desk setup where you can elevate your leg. I wound up trying to put my leg on another chair to ice, but that didn't work well for actually doing any work.Wow @Celle I have a desk job but I am up and down walking long distances around our mill frequently. I will also have to ask for new seating arrangement. I have a tall chair where my legs mostly dangle. It has never really been an appropriate set up to begin with. I should begin researching seating now. Any suggestions for the best seated desk positions?
You've got it. You've just had major surgery and it really takes it out of you. My temp was elevated slightly for a short time, but I had a lot of alternating "I'm hot"-"I'm cold" going on. Whether the pain meds or the surgery I don't know--probably both. I laid down every afternoon for weeks and usually slept.Does anyone know what an infection feels like? Could that be the reason for a constant low grade fever and chills? Or could that be why the pain seems worse? My scar and staples and swelling and bruising all seem to look fine. My PT nurse was here on Friday and said it looked great as well. I guess I’m still searching for an explanation for feeling so crappy. Or is it just that no matter what you’re going to feel crappy for the first few weeks?
United States
United States
United States
United States
United Kingdom
United States
United States
United States
United States
I'm glad I found this forum to see that others are struggling too, because it seems everyone I knew that had this surgery was walking pain free after 2 weeks . And I was NOT. But I'm glad I didn't come across it sooner because I would have never done my PT. I'm at Zero straightening and 126 bending, and I think it's because I worked hard in therapy. Now if the pain would just go away I'd be a happy camper.