Guest viewing is limited

THR New Here, 15 Days Post-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I took the day off from my 1 mile walk. I didn't sleep well, as my MS restless leg decided to make an appearance. And of course it chose my operated leg! So instead it's been an occupational therapy kind of day. I changed my bed, did some laundry and scrubbed my bird cage. All in all I probably spent about 90 minutes walking around my apartment, with breaks. I just walked into town and grabbed some supermarket sushi for lunch.

Now I'm going to plant myself on the couch and watch some Euro 2016 followed by Copa America :yes:

Kyle
 
Back on the road this morning for my mile walk. It was 78 degrees and humid, neither of which are great for my MS. So I didn't set any speed records but my hip is good :)

Kyle
 
Driving! I can't wait! Last time I did not even try till PT okayed it....now I am contemplating just going out and trying on my own! I have started doing laps around the house with my walker just doing ten minutes but it is a start!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
The Mile A Day continued. I extended the afternoon walk into town a bit and all is well. I've committed to going back to work full time on Thursday, 4 weeks to the day from my surgery :fingersx:

Kyle
 
Wow! You're keen going back to work 4 weeks after major surgery. Your certainly have had a remarkable recovery and I hope it continues to be so for you.
 
[Bonesmart.org] New Here, 15 Days Post-Op
Progress continues. Today's mile featured my most normal gait yet. I did a couple of sets of exercises and the PM walk featured a stop at Starbuck's, so I could look at 4 different walls for a bit. I continue to receive top level in home PT :)
 
You have two beautiful and obviously spoiled cats. I tried to post a picture of my cat on my profile page but the picture was too big and I did not know how to reduce it on my computer from Windows 10. I think my cat is gorgeous as well.
 
Today is a rest today. I'm going back to work tomorrow so I'm going to conserve energy in preparation for the commute.

Kyle
 
I hope your first day back at work gets smoothly


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Kyle, I stand in awe of your speedy recovery. Just hope you don't overdo it and have a setback. It sounds like you are very aware of your body's limitations, though, and I wish you a great day tomorrow!

Love how comfy your kitties are with you.
 
@Krista I am doing my best not to over do it. This is why I'm going back to work on Thursday, rather than Monday. The first 2 days may be a bit draining and this will give me the weekend to regroup :)

Kyle
PS The cats just see me as part of the furniture :kitty:
 
How did you go Kyle? Are you feeling OK?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well I survived :) I'm on the 3rd of 3 trains on my way home from my first day back at work, 4 weeks to the day from my surgery! I'm a little achy but none the worse for wear. I went in an hour, and left, an hour early to avoid the NYC rush hour madness. I also carried my cane, if for nothing other than moral support. I try very hard not to use it for anything other than balance, which I was doing before the surgery, as my MS wreaks havoc on my balance.

A very successful first day back! I'm going home to eat Tylenol and ice my hip. And then I'm going to do it again tomorrow :yay:

Kyle
 
Glad it went well, Kyle, and good luck for tomorrow!
 
I'm glad your first day back at work went so well. You were sensible staggering your work hours to avoid the peak hour rush. Besides avoiding the mad crush during peak hour you probably had a better chance of getting a seat on the public transport.

About my cat. Yes he is both beautiful and spoilt. He was one of three kittens who were dumped beside the road many years ago. I used to be part of the administration staff at a high school and one of the students found the kittens during a cross country run around the streets surrounding the school. He took the other two kittens home with him and my cat was the only one left. The school was going to send him to the pound but I decided to take him home. I stopped at the vets on the way home from work to have him checked over and he was a little dehydrated because he would not eat or drink anything offered to him. The vet thought he was about ten weeks old. He injected him with some saline to hydrate him and he never looked back.

He is a beautiful long haired cat, light grey and tan with a white chest, stomach and socks. He is getting older now and most of the tan colour has faded.

Thank you for the tip on how to reduce the photo. I will check it out.
 
Kyle,
I see you are utilizing the same type of nursing I do. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. The cats are very happy I spend all of my time in the main level of the house because they do enjoy taking turns sitting on my head and knee. My fat, well fattest, cat Mabel prefers the operated leg. We have not yet worked out a suitable compromise.
My English bulldog is the most attentive, here is an example, I came home from the hospital on a Saturday, clunking and moaning and moving realllly slooowww.
He was not impressed with the walker, or TED hose, he's a foot sitter you see, so he observed me for the entire weekend with his forehead crinkled up so tight he looked like a very old man.
Well, Monday morning he comes upstairs and he is limping, not just a little gimpy, but full on half dragging his left side. Of course this breed is known for joint trouble, so i arranged to get him off to the vet immediately. Vet says, "I've no idea what's wrong with him, he is fit as a fiddle"
The vet called to talk to me and of course I explained my predicament, the vet chuckled and said the dog must be imitating me, or perhaps be experiencing sympathy pains.
Well, since then, the limp is gone but Baxter has not gotten more that a foot away from me, bathroom included. I cannot tell you how "comforting" it is to trip over him, or stare into his eyes whilst on the toilet, or lift my walker above him to accomdate his insistence on being glued to my side.
Pets are the best!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom