Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

NightQuilter

Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Oh Bonnie, this is so aggravating for you. Again, please take a look at a therapeutic massage therapist to work on breaking down the scar tissue. It is horrible that some bodies respond so well to the surgery, but others not so much. Good luck, my friend ... Lifting prayers.

LaPaz

senior
Country
Mexico Mexico
My heart goes out to you. I understand how disappointing this is for you and hard to accept. I hope there is someone out there that can help you. Best of Luck to you.

Kkoka1

Country
Oh...there are no words. I am so sorry. Such a hard time for you. Wishing you healing of the knee and of the heart.

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
@RunA42K ,

I am sorry. I know that if anyone can overcome this, you can! You are a strong tenacious woman who can overcome this! Praying for you!:friends:

ACDCJen

graduate
Country
@RunA42K

Bonnie,
I finished reading your journey and my heart is breaking for you. I hope that there is something that can be done to manage your knee and allows you to be active like you want to be.

Thinking of you,
Jen

OP
OP
RunA42K

RunA42K

post-grad
Country
Thank you Jen @ACDCJen that is very kind of you. I've started aquatic therapy twice a week and I've had good results each time. I'll do it for 6 weeks and see then where I end up.

The best of luck to you in your recovery journey!

:angel:Bonnie

PooShay

graduate
Country
Hey Bonnie. I am SO sorry you are still dealing with the knee, but I hope that things will turn around. Somewhere, there's a solution for you. You just have to keep on looking.

Serious hugs

OP
OP
RunA42K

RunA42K

post-grad
Country
I've been doing aquatic therapy at Texas Orthopedic Hospital since September 2016 and it is really helping to kick back scar tissue growth. I am beginning to feel pretty normal. In fact so normal that I coach a group of walkers and we just did the 1/2 marathon in Houston on Sunday January 15, 2017. I've taught myself to walk really fast like 13 minute mile pace but I RAN into the finish and across the finish line. Participating in my favorite race was so wonderful. It was 5 years in the making for me. Like I've always said, never give up, always keep trying...don't settle! I didn't and this is just the beginning. Below is my finish photo from Sunday. @RestAssured - you come join me next year!

IMG_2012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
Bonnie, I'm "jump up and down" excited for you!!! What a photo! It says it all, my friend. Never give up is right. You are one shining star of perseverance. You made my week. We miss your posts here and I hope you can hang around a while to talk to some of our members who want to get back to a more physical lifestyle.

That's really interesting that the aquatic therapy is turning out to be a key factor in keeping your scar tissue formation at bay. Do you have any information to share about exactly what that therapy involves? Some videos would be great.

Cratchit

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Wow, what an incredible and wholly inspirational story @RunA42K ! I've not read through all the pages yet but enough to know what a long and at times despairing haul it's been for you. Thank you so much for the encouragement you've given to all of us but especially to me. Fantastic picture - sums it all up beautifully. Thank you!

Mireille

graduate
Country
@RunA42K Bonnie, all I can say is WOW! You had me crying with your story. Such an inspiration and example of perseverance! Very happy for you! Thank you for sharing and giving us hope that this too shall pass! You go girl!
:yay:

maryo52

big-cheese
Country
Bonnie, I was thrilled to see your announcement come in to my email today. I only very occasionally get a Bonesmart notice as I've been off a few years now. I can't brag about such a fine physical routine but I've managed in my own way -- and in time (that's a biggie) -- to find success. To me, it's just being able to hike. Ultimately after beating scar tissue the unfixable (without surgery) problem for me was laxity (wobbly knee), and my knee brace takes care of that. Keep on keeping on, woman!

Suzibelle

Country
Sri Lanka Sri Lanka
Yay for big milestones!!!!!!!! I'm not walking a 13 minute mile (yet), but I'm looking forward to the day I can hike for 12 miles or go scuba diving(optimistic for June!).

Suzibelle

Country
Sri Lanka Sri Lanka
Bonnie, I was thrilled to see your announcement come in to my email today. I only very occasionally get a Bonesmart notice as I've been off a few years now. I can't brag about such a fine physical routine but I've managed in my own way -- and in time (that's a biggie) -- to find success. To me, it's just being able to hike. Ultimately after beating scar tissue the unfixable (without surgery) problem for me was laxity (wobbly knee), and my knee brace takes care of that. Keep on keeping on, woman!
How long before you were able to hike again?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ShoulderToHip
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom