Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Oh Bonnie, this is so aggravating for you. Again, please take a look at a therapeutic massage therapist to work on breaking down the scar tissue. It is horrible that some bodies respond so well to the surgery, but others not so much. Good luck, my friend ... Lifting prayers.
 
My heart goes out to you. I understand how disappointing this is for you and hard to accept. I hope there is someone out there that can help you. Best of Luck to you.
 
Oh...there are no words. I am so sorry. Such a hard time for you. Wishing you healing of the knee and of the heart.
 
@RunA42K ,

I am sorry. I know that if anyone can overcome this, you can! You are a strong tenacious woman who can overcome this! Praying for you!:friends:
 
@RunA42K

Bonnie,
I finished reading your journey and my heart is breaking for you. I hope that there is something that can be done to manage your knee and allows you to be active like you want to be.

Thinking of you,
Jen
 
Thank you Jen @ACDCJen that is very kind of you. I've started aquatic therapy twice a week and I've had good results each time. I'll do it for 6 weeks and see then where I end up.

The best of luck to you in your recovery journey!

:angel:Bonnie
 
Hey Bonnie. I am SO sorry you are still dealing with the knee, but I hope that things will turn around. Somewhere, there's a solution for you. You just have to keep on looking.

Serious hugs
 
I've been doing aquatic therapy at Texas Orthopedic Hospital since September 2016 and it is really helping to kick back scar tissue growth. I am beginning to feel pretty normal. In fact so normal that I coach a group of walkers and we just did the 1/2 marathon in Houston on Sunday January 15, 2017. I've taught myself to walk really fast like 13 minute mile pace but I RAN into the finish and across the finish line. Participating in my favorite race was so wonderful. It was 5 years in the making for me. Like I've always said, never give up, always keep trying...don't settle! I didn't and this is just the beginning. Below is my finish photo from Sunday. @RestAssured - you come join me next year!

[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie, I'm "jump up and down" excited for you!!! What a photo! It says it all, my friend. Never give up is right. You are one shining star of perseverance. You made my week. We miss your posts here and I hope you can hang around a while to talk to some of our members who want to get back to a more physical lifestyle.

That's really interesting that the aquatic therapy is turning out to be a key factor in keeping your scar tissue formation at bay. Do you have any information to share about exactly what that therapy involves? Some videos would be great.
 
Wow, what an incredible and wholly inspirational story @RunA42K ! I've not read through all the pages yet but enough to know what a long and at times despairing haul it's been for you. Thank you so much for the encouragement you've given to all of us but especially to me. Fantastic picture - sums it all up beautifully. Thank you!
 
@Jamie im working all day today but should have time to come back this weekend to tell you about aquatic therapy. Of course only for those who's scars are 'completely healed.'
 
@RunA42K Bonnie, all I can say is WOW! You had me crying with your story. Such an inspiration and example of perseverance! Very happy for you! Thank you for sharing and giving us hope that this too shall pass! You go girl!
:yay:
 
Bonnie, I was thrilled to see your announcement come in to my email today. I only very occasionally get a Bonesmart notice as I've been off a few years now. I can't brag about such a fine physical routine but I've managed in my own way -- and in time (that's a biggie) -- to find success. To me, it's just being able to hike. Ultimately after beating scar tissue the unfixable (without surgery) problem for me was laxity (wobbly knee), and my knee brace takes care of that. Keep on keeping on, woman!
 
Yay for big milestones!!!!!!!! I'm not walking a 13 minute mile (yet), but I'm looking forward to the day I can hike for 12 miles or go scuba diving(optimistic for June!).
 
Bonnie, I was thrilled to see your announcement come in to my email today. I only very occasionally get a Bonesmart notice as I've been off a few years now. I can't brag about such a fine physical routine but I've managed in my own way -- and in time (that's a biggie) -- to find success. To me, it's just being able to hike. Ultimately after beating scar tissue the unfixable (without surgery) problem for me was laxity (wobbly knee), and my knee brace takes care of that. Keep on keeping on, woman!
How long before you were able to hike again?
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom