Gilina
member
I'll go on Monday October 5th and get all the details and plan of action.
Did they think that the nickel allergy has anything to do with the scar tissue/adhesions?
Gillina
I'll go on Monday October 5th and get all the details and plan of action.
I'm afraid I must disagree with this notion. I have never seen anything anywhere supporting it and quite honestly, I cannot perceive of any situation where this would be true. It's just illogical.
United States





United States
United StatesI know that my tibia implant will be titanium with some kind of modification (I forget what he called it) but due to the fact that I have lost bone each surgery in my tibia...some kind of bracing, and the femur components will be ceramic coated.I lurk but have never posted on your thread. I'm terribly sorry you have to go through all of this. Did your OS specify which implant you'll get this time?
United States

I asked about the hospital stay today. 2 or 3 days depending on how I do. They say the reason I have such a problem with Arthofibrosis is because of the metal allergy. My knee is inflamed 24/7, continually trying to heal itself and thus producing scar tissue. They said the loose tibia implant is due to chronic inflammation. The lower part of the stem was lit up like a Christmas tree on the bone scan. Good news is there is no infection.Bonnie,
Amazed they get right back to you, you have found a great office.
Ask about the modification, how long in hospital, how is going to address your arthrofibrosis, and cut down on bleeding in the joint.
If I think of more I will post them.
You sound better today, being in shock is normal, it was the last thing you expected.
![]()

United States
.
United States
