Guest viewing is limited

THR My thigh muscle is too weak

@Layla Thank you. The plan for tomorrow is a day at the beach. Yes, I'm tired of surgery. 3 within the last 11 months. Actually, none since April, so that's good. It does explain a lot. My body seems to have a lot of arthritis.
 
Just a quick update. I have had relatively little pain in my hip area. Sometimes the greater trochanter area hurts if I sit too long and I've had a couple of incidents at night that woke me in the psoas area but nothing real bad. I'm hoping I'm on the upward swing.
 
Yay! :happydance: Nice update, thanks for taking the time to share.
We hope this continues.
Keep us posted and have a great week!
@Grammy57
 
I hope so too. Some pain last night but nothing even close to major, barely minor :). I think it was because the rain had me sitting most of last week. Now if only my thumb/hand would heal. MRI for that on the 9th and my cervical spine which the Dr wants to do a 3 level fusion. Maybe I'll be all patched up soon. Thanks for everything. Have a great weekend yourself.
 
Another quick update. I still have some pain, but not so bad. I have started getting pain, off and on, in the side of my buttock. Mostly if I have to sit very long or at night. I hope you are all doing well. Monday I have 3 level cervical spine fusion. Ugh. I hate arthritis.
 
@Jaycey Thanks. I didn't realize what a big deal this is until the hospital told me he booked 3 hours for surgery.
 
Be sure and get their input on any restrictions post op. I didn't get any input after my decompression except don't bend 90 degrees for 6 weeks. Went back to work way too early and really didn't give healing a chance. Energy drain was huge - so be good to yourself.
 
Be sure and get their input on any restrictions post op. I didn't get any input after my decompression except don't bend 90 degrees for 6 weeks. Went back to work way too early and really didn't give healing a chance. Energy drain was huge - so be good to yourself.
I am very restricted until my first post-op appointment. No lifting, no bending, walk some every hour I'm awake, limit stairs, etc. My appointment that led to this surgery was an hour-long. This is the same dr/surgeon that did my daughter's surgery after her car accident.
 
All the best to you tomorrow, Grammy. Wishing you a successful surgery and smooth recovery. Please stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing.
@Grammy57
 
Hello,

I am 2 weeks post-op on my 3 level cervical spinal fusion. The surgery was long, but to my knowledge, successful. I am not in pain and quit my pain meds full time on day 4, taking them only at night. I have been off pain meds now for a week, total. Tomorrow I have my post-op appointment. I received a phone call today telling me that tomorrow I was going to also get a bone growth stimulator. I am not sure why or even exactly what it is.
 
Wow, @Grammy57

It sounds like you are doing well, especially considering how much you've been through!

Good news about your pain levels. Good luck at your follow-up appointment!
 
@Grammy57 sounds like you're doing well and awesome that your pain levels are good without meds. Curious about the bone growth stimulator as well. Good luck at your appointment and keep us posted.
 
. I received a phone call today telling me that tomorrow I was going to also get a bone growth stimulator. I am not sure why or even exactly what it is.

This is the info I found:
Electrical bone growth stimulators are a supplemental form of therapy to help enhance the body’s bone healing process… a process that is absolutely essential for the success of any type of spinal fusion surgery.

Human bone is actually a living tissue and, like skin, has the inherent ability to heal itself when broken or injured. Broken bone helps promote the body’s bone healing process by creating its own electrical field. In the same way, application of an electrical stimulator can enhance the body’s natural bone healing process.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My thigh muscle is too weak
    Screenshot_20211123-052518.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 156
  • [Bonesmart.org] My thigh muscle is too weak
    Screenshot_20211123-052607.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 155
Congrats on the two weeks under your belt already. It’s nice to hear how great you’re doing. I hope your appointment goes well today and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and end to the week. Go Grammy! :yes!:
@Grammy57
 
Thank you, everyone. The appointment went well. He thinks I'm doing well so far. My shoulder still aches at times and I was given Flexeril (sp?). The bone growth stimulator is this: https://www.orthofix.com/ifus/cervical-stim/
I have to wear it 4 hours a day for 6 months. I guess it's because of it being 3 levels more than anything else, except maybe my age. I get x-rays in 6 weeks and have an appointment then also. I am getting the feeling this is a long road.
My daughter had a replacement disk that didn't take well and is going to have to have that fused. I guess I'm thankful that the replacements were made unavailable when the 3rd disk slipping caused a change of plans.
@Mojo333 I hope you have good results. It looks like they are targeting your spine also. Did you have surgery? The Dr said my 3 level fusion was like having 3 vertebrae broken as far as healing. I think they are mostly concerned that the plate and screws stay where they are supposed to be.
 
No, I'm sorry if I was confusing.
My niece has had back surgery (with plates/screws) and used a stimulator.
I do hope Today is a Good Day.:flwrysmile:
 
Hello, It's been a while since I've checked in. My hip is doing very well. The psoas tendon release was most helpful. I still get pain at times but nothing like it was and not nearly as often.
My neck is doing well but I still have stenosis in the foramen at C5 which is causing radiculopathy in both shoulders. Not sure what will happen with that. I've finished my PT on my neck and I did gain some ROM. I had done so well at the beginning the Dr wasn't sure I'd gain any so that's a plus.
My ongoing problem is my hand, but miraculously it seems to be getting better after 5 months of constant pain.
I hope you are all doing well.
 
@Grammy57 thanks for stopping by and giving us an update. While things aren't perfect you do seem to be having some good improvement. That stenosis in the neck area is just such a pain, I do feel for you. I've tried injections, PT, various meds including muscle relaxers without much relief. Hoping the radiculopathy and hand pain settle down.
 
Great news on the hip front! Thanks for updating, I’m so happy to hear it, Grammy!
I’m sorry your neck and hand have been problematic and causing pain, but thankfully you’ve noticed improvement with both. I hope you find relief soon and are able to live relatively pain free. Hugs and best wishes always!
@Grammy57
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom