Guest viewing is limited

Ankle My (TAR) Ankle Replacement Story

Great update, @Newhip_Pol! You are doing really well. As an alum of ankle surgery, I can tell you that it will continue to improve well into your second -- and even your third -- year.

Wishing you wonderful holiday season!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Apparently I am progressing well; beyond the stage she expects at this point. So keep doing the exercises and the swimming and although it will never be perfect the ankle will keep improving over the next 8 months or more.
:banana-santa::santa-dance:Happy Dance for you!
You're doing so well. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year, Newhip_Pol!
 
@Newhip_Pol No matter which joint you have done, it seems to just take the time it takes to recover. It has never failed to continue to improve well into that year mark and beyond. It does take a while to gain that confidence back, especially as that strength slowly returns. I’ll just quote an expert: “just keep swimming, just keep swimming…” :loll:
Merry Christmas!
 
Greetings all, finally we are getting a few signs of Spring here in Scotland although there is still more cloud than sun!

It is now six months since my ankle replacement surgery and I'm assured that things are going well. The consultant is very pleased; the alignment following the fibular osteotomy is excellent and I have more than the necessary dorsiflexion needed for walking (and that should continue to improve). Next check-up will be in 12 months by which time he will have retired - I'm so glad I was able to have my operation from this ankle specialist before his retirement! Formal physiotherapy was signed off in January and I am now walking without aids unless I know the ground will be very uneven or the place will be very crowded.

The ankle is still stiff and walking up (or down) slopes can be a struggle but I forget about it most of the time. Swimming is still slow but getting easier.

Hubby continues to recover from his prostatectomy and we have booked a 'holiday of a lifetime' for the end of the year to visit South Africa and cruise to Mauritius. Hopefully that is sufficient motivation for me to continue exercising to improve the ankle mobility.
Best wishes to all and thanks for the Bonesmart support and encouragement.
 
Happy Six Month Anniversary!
It's great to read things are going well as you and hubs recover together. Just think how great you'll both be feeling by the time your well deserved vacay rolls around. It does sound like the trip of a lifetime! Thanks for sharing your journey with us and please stoop back with an update on occasion. We love to read of the progress our members are making. All the best!
@Newhip_Pol
 
@Newhip_Pol Happy 6 month anniversary! It does seem that stiffness seems to be the hardest thing to get on board the recovery bandwagon. You do have a great motivator with that incredible trip coming up. Blessings to you and your hubby as you both continue your healing journeys. Certainly let us know how you’re doing from time to time.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom