My Story, BTKR 1/2/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@referee54 - yes sir, I am very strong upper body always was - I do 5x25 pushup, bench pressing, triceps extension , I always was a huge weight lifting guy, for football - which is why I am in the mess I am now ( BTKR ) - shattered and dislocated both patella's in 89~!
 
Yep. I played college football back in the '70's---that began my knee issues.

That, genetics, and reffing college basketball for 17 years finally did them in.

I I still am able to umpire HS and college baseball, and I know a few folks who had TKR's and BTKR's and went back to officiating football, but that part of my life is over.
 
@noc

My knee injuries can be attributed to years of playing basketball. I love baseball, played and have coached it for years, but basketball is my favorite. I know I won't be able to do a lot of the stuff I used to be able to, but I do look forward to being able to play slow-break basketball with the old guys. I guess I'm one of them now.

By the way, I'm an IT guy also, although I moved to a more administrative path many years ago. But I definitely feel your pain.
 
Triceps are very important for getting out of chairs and off the toilet.....nice tat's too:snork:
 
I love baseball, played and have coached it for years,
I always ask folks what the strike zone is in baseball---they respond with, "The knees to the..." I say "nope."

Then they say, "The knees to the..." Again,"nope."

Then they say, "The top of the knees to the..." "nope"---again.

Then I tell them---the strike zone is what ever the umpire says it is. And that is a fact.
 
@treypops , nice -I love all sports, my oldest is in Rec Basketball now, I hate the fact that I can NOT help the Coach out with practice's and stuff - he knows ( or, hears me telling Jr to watch his zone, something similar ) - glad my wife filled him in my surgery in two weeks, last night he said "wow, you are young for getting a knee replaced" - he almost fell over when I said - actually, I am getting both replaced at the same time.. ; ) Much Thanks on the INK complement took me many years to finally finish the full sleeve~!

@referee54 , that was awesome about the strike zone , lol~!!!! I Coach both, my kids Jr will be in Colonial 9 this year, and Lucas will start T-ball - I Love Coaching, and expecially be in "charge" of what my own kids do on the field...Jr, is also in a 14 week baseball clinic every Saturday Morning,, 8AM til 10AM, and boy he is hitting the ball~!

Maybe this year Jr will be able to play football, he had a collapsed vertebra when he was sick with LCH ( I talked about that in my 1st post in this thread - he is a animal ( like his Dad ; ) )....

Time to feed these guys, Mom is in the City for a Company Holiday party~!

respect,
-chris
 
Hey @vinny on the trail of DonJoy Dura Kolds:loveshwr: What size did you get - do you know how they measure which size you need? sorry U R it for questions on these. Maggie x
 
ahhh, appointment with the pulmonologist today, all images from the last 5 years , ready for the appointment - hope today to wrap this up, and get ready to celebrate Xmas one last time with these knee's from hell....

Hope you all are doing good, have a great day...

respect,

-chris
 
all clear, from the pulmonologist..phew...next up surgery~~! ; )
 
@noc - just posted to you on @Threads thread.... I'll say it again:

Wishing you the very best for your surgery and a speedy (hasten slowly) and pain free recovery - Maggie x
 
Good luck Chris, just got the staples out of both my knees today. With all the prep you've been doing I'm certain you are good to go for a successful procedure. I've found having both knees so bad coming into this that I've seen a huge improvement from day 1 and the pain from surgery doesn't compare to the grating and tearing that you've been living with for years.
 
Happy New Year and best wishes for the New Year with your new knees.....the big day Friday will go great.

Vinny
:)
 
@oldrugbyprop , Thank You Harry, that is awesome news, and Thank You so much, I am so worried about the after "pain" - due to being on such a high pain med 1-2 tablets of 10mg oxy, every 3-4 hours, due to the trying to get my professional life in order project completed 611 wireless access points installed in less then 5 month's, and the last 100+ in the last few weeks - that my knee's were killing me ...But, now I am ready, work has been notified that at least 12 weeks, I will be out on Medical Leave ( FMLA )...And now I am just getting the last of the home stuff done, spinner bike in *my* quest bedroom , car in the garage ( my garage is a mess ) , so, I will do the best with the garage now, and clean it in 6 months~

My Nerves are in full effect~! = )
 
@noc thinking of you today and sending positive vibes for tomorrow. You will be fine. Forget the pain and focus on life with new knees. Take care. See you on the other side, Maggie x
 
@noc - enjoy New Year's Day, the rest of your life starts Friday and it will be so worth it! I'll be thinking of you and sending strong healing vibes your way. As @Maggie94 said - we'll be watching for you on the other side.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom