Guest viewing is limited

TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Holly, sorry that your husband has to have more medical tests. I do hope everything turns out ok. Glad to hear your are going to have at least a 90 degree bend, with that though you can do almost anything you want to do, except tie your shoes...and that is what slip-on's are for! Yes indeed, it has been a roller coaster ride, not sure it is over yet, but I can see that it is possible. I admit there are times that my knees bother me a little, and I can predict the storms. My right knee still has that rubber hand feeling, but not as much as it did. My biggest problem now is relearning to walk. If I don't use my cane (that I don't really need), then I find myself slipping back into the duck waddle. So I look at my cane now as a learning tool, instead of a crutch.

All the people here have been wonderful, listening to me cry and whine, answering my is this normal questions, and helping me to realize that physical therapy doesn't have to hurt. So I apologize for not coming back to say that life is getting better. And I really need to come here to help others get through this as so many have helped me.

Morgaine
 
Lovely to see you back Morgaine and to read the good news for the time being about your husband and also well done with the knees.

Oooh to the guinea fowl, we have just 3 hens and 5 grandchildren....not all in together you understand! We grow a lot of our own fruit and veg, although most houses in the UK don't have much garden we were lucky to have 1/3 acre with ours as it was a ex-Police house and their wages were so low in the 50s they gave them land to grow food!

I still use a walking stick when I'm out and about.

Sue.
 
Hi Morgaine I also use a cane when going outside can walk without it but walk a little less rocky and nice to have it if feeling unsteady. We have had pretty nice weather this summer lots of sun but when the weather changes my knee also knows starts to feel stiff and sore. Wishing you a wonderful week best wishes Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom