TKR My No Opiod Journey

Well, I gave her the website so maybe she will. She has never attempted to touch my knee, and is amazed at my recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@tjcteacher I read about serotonin syndrome that you are talking about. I think a lot more people have reactions like this. Opioids are very powerful and can be scary for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
  • Agree
Reactions: pdx
If you had told me five days ago that I would have my home PT visit today and I'd measure 100/-3. But, my PT could not believe that I hadn't done any exercises for 5 days and my ROM actually increased.
I just love to hear reports like that! Awesome!
Gave her the mantra - maybe she will pass that along to her other patients. She is gentle anyway. Thankful and positive once again.
Word of mouth - the most powerful form of advertising ever!
 
Getting those staples is a relief, isn't it? Your ROM is amazing for this early in your recovery. You should be proud.
 
It is amazing the difference you feel immediately after the staples are removed. It's a freeing sensation.

I just want to give a big shout out to Josephine for realizing and sharing her findings regarding the mantra that is embraced here on Bonesmart. I admit that I was skeptical at first having gone through my first TKR the wrong way. Pushing for every degree of ROM and hurting my knee in the process. Searching for a better way - I found BoneSmart and I feel that was meant to be. My situation proves beyond a shadow of doubt that Josephine's way works. I was 7 days post op and had to stop all protocols of exercise because of pain meds - only icing and elevating. I was at 94 when that happened. I did not resume the exercises and 7 days later I'm at 104. Be assured I will tell everyone I know about Bonesmart and Josephine's way of recovery!

[Bonesmart.org] My No Opiod Journey
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your recovery is coming along 'beautifully' @blissful! When my staples came out I felt like I had been freed from surgical confinement- LOL! I began feeling like my life was returning, slowly, but returning just the same!

Your scar looks good at only 2wks+!!

[Bonesmart.org] My No Opiod Journey
 
Gotta say my knee is doing really well for 25 days out. The pain is minimal and I'm walking unaided.

My problem now is the sleeping issue. My nights and days have flip flopped. I take my meds at 10:30am and 10:30pm. I also add amitriptyline at night for sleep. In the morning I fight sleep after breakfast and end up sleeping 10 hours. I mean I pass out until 8 at night. My husband checks on me to make sure I'm still breathing. I then take my meds at 10:30 pm and don't get to sleep until 4am if I'm lucky. Just can't seem to break the habit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Could the amitriptyline be keeping you drowsy in the morning? You might want to ask your doctor about how to get on a more normal day-night cycle. It will probably be a gradual thing.
My sleep was wonky for quite a few weeks (though not reverse like yours) and it did take a long time to gradually improve.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: pdx
It's funny the amitriptyline doesn't seem to work at night when I take it. I was up last night from midnight to 9 this am. Slept today from noon to 8:30pm.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Medicines that make you drowsy do that to me also - do not put me to sleep until hours later and then I can't stay awake for much of the day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My days and nights also seemed to switch. I had to make an effort to not sleep that long during the day. I also took the med that I was given to help me sleep at about 6 or 7 pm so even if there was a delay in it working I started to slowly get myself back on schedule. I also had to try two or three different meds until I found one that really helped me fall asleep regularly within two hours of taking it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom