Guest viewing is limited

TKR My No Opiod Journey

@charmed-life thanks for validating what is happening to me. I took the pill much earlier tonight so maybe I can get this turned around. On the upside I am sleeping 8-9 hours uninterrupted and that has to be good for my knee. It's midnight here in Georgia and I'm going strong. Oh well. :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@newlybionic - I am considering asking for ambien as I've taken it before and it really works for me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@pumpkin great idea. I'll also start taking vitamin D again. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Finally got my nights and days turned around - with the help of ambien. So back in the land of the living. 30 days out and took a ride down to the grocery store and to pick up dinner with hubs. Really showed me that I'm not ready to drive yet. The cars are going so fast - really weird! Had enough energy to do 20 minutes on the stationery bike - could have done more but didn't want to overdo. Walking unaided and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Going to see OS in two weeks for first check up. Happy Days [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:wowspring:You are moving right a long and are staying away from the ODIC ( over did it club).
 
No ODIC for me for sure. [emoji4]
Can see the other side - still a long way off - but it's there. Such a good feeling!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you staying away from that club. It's a place you don't want to visit! I know, I've been there a couple of times. Stupid me!! You stay smart and don't overdo. When you start to feel better, that's when it's easy to do too much. Don't let it get you, too!
 
Decided to get a shower and got out for breakfast and go to the grocery store. So very happy they have the electric carts! Only hit two guys and four shelves [emoji4]. I'll get the hang of it next time.

Got home and put the groceries away - feeling good. Next thing I know I'm waking up from a 3 hour nap. Interesting and productive day. Whew


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Getting back to some of the normal things feels so good, doesn't it?
 
Yes @sistersinhim in really does! Just can't get over weak I am physically. I live on the side if a mtn so my driveway is 900 ft down in a winding way. So, I thought today I would ask the Hubs to walk arm and arm with me down to the mailbox. Thank goodness there is a bench at the bottom! Still don't know how we made it back up - after a lengthy rest- funny thing is my knee never hurt but icing it anyway. I just didn't have the endurance. Baby steps [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The weakness is called the energy drain and it is a real thing! I still haven't gotten all my energy back yet, but it is much better now than it was! You will get yours back, too. but you can't force it. It'll come when it's ready!
 
Wow! 5 weeks yesterday and I woke up and felt like a human being again. Walking normally with no pain and able to do all the little things again. Just got back from my first outing - grocery shopping. Took my cane for security. Pushed the cart around the store and drove myself home. Icing now and elevating now - just in case. See the dr next week for the first time since my outpatient surgery. Incision has healed and looking good. Feeling extremely blessed :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great report! Gives people following your thread encouragement to what hopefully will be on their horizon. Way to go!!!!
 
Sounds like you're doing wonderfully! Keep up the good work! But, be careful to not overdo. It's so easy when you're feeling better. You want to stay away from that Over Did It Club! It's not a nice place to visit! I know, I've been there a couple of times.
 
Happy things are going so well for you @blissful at only 5wks out-! Take care to continue those BoneSmart mantras so your improvement continues! = )
 
What a wonderful report...I'm so happy you are doing so well!!!
 
Had my 6 week (and first checkup) last Friday. I love this man - he called me a "Superstar". Never once tried to touch my knee. He asked me to extend my leg out and then smiled so big! Said - "I love it when a leg bends like that!" Kept telling me how proud he was of me and when I asked when I could start my 1 mile hikes again - he replied - slowly but surely - just send me a picture when you get back up to 4 miles - I want to put it on my wall :loveshwr:
He said he doesn't need to see me for a year and sent me on my way! I only wish everyone here could have a doctor like this man. A shining light in the profession!
 
That's great. It is rare to find such a caring OS. I'm sure you will be taking your 4 mile hikes before too long.
 
I've just finished reading your incredible journey, & am so happy for you that you're doing so great!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom