TKR My new knee journey

I think it may be the pain pills. I cried every morning after my THR when I had the strong stuff but didn't after the TKN. There was only one day when the tears flowed for me. I count myself very lucky but remember I couldn't take Oxy or any Narcos this time because they made me violently sick when I was in the hospital.
 
So happy you called to get other meds. Please continue to ask for whatever you need - that's why they get paid the big bucks!

I'm showing my age here - and my wacky sense of humor - but early on in my recovery a song that Lesley Gore recorded in the 60s popped into my drug-induced mind. I think it could be our official TKR song:
It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to. :bawl:
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to.
You would cry too if it happened to you.
 
When my son was in that car accident, since guys "don't cry", he would yell out "I want drugs!" then "just shoot me and put me out of misery". We'd tell him that wasn't how you asked for meds, and did he really want us to shoot him? I guess that was his version of crying from the pain and the meds making him loopy.
 
For riding the stationary bike, place your heels on the pedals. It is surprisingly much easier to get a full rotation that way.
 
Crying periodically after this surgery is very normal and take some time when you need to to release all those negative feelings.
 
Today I struggled.. and cried a lot:boohoo:...with so much pain and incredible amount of energy drain :bricks:, I could barely take a shower and wash my hair, had to lay down before I could dry myself off....I feel like i all I do is pop pills and sleep! sorry this sounds like gloom and doom, I'm so trying to stay positive but today it just wasn't happening :thud:
 
It IS a Monday after all and rainy days and Mondays always gets us down (I stole most of that :heehee:) I used to just collapse in my bed immediately after a shower and sleep for a couple of hours. Your body has gone through so much in the last 6 months it's going to rebel from time to time. Tomorrow will be a better day.
 
You have a brand new infant knee. You have every right to get the blues sometimes. Sleeping is the best thing for you and you will wake up feeling better! Just remember that we care!
 
I've had many days like that. It's all normal in healing. Remember that your job now is to recover the BS way: rest, elevate, ice, and take all your meds on schedule. You won't get addicted. If they gave you the meds, they felt you needed them. Try to go into slow motion and put yourself first. :bored:
 
I still have days like that. And it doesn't help that I am depressive to begin with. This surgery REALLY got me down. So I just try to go along with it and watch the days pass me by. It is MUCH better now than it was though.
 
Thanks everyone! Just having your encouragement makes this journey easier:SUNsmile:
I slept through the night and vow to have a better day:praying:
 
I really hope you start to feel better soon, it is not easy dealing with a new knee when the other one is basically also still recovering. I am sending you a virtual hug:flwrysmile:
 
Hugs are going your way from me, too!
 
Sleeping thru the night!! Woot!!!!

Today WILL be better, just for the sleep!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom