TKR My new knee journey

There's nothing like a good night's sleep! That's a double woot, woot!
 
Today marks my 2 week post op point, I can honestly say that this time around has been a little easier on my body physically, I have a lot of pain & stiffness from the swelling with that really" tight band feeling" most recently I'm really struggling with the post-op blues.:thud:
I find myself crying for no reason :sad: I know it's just part of the process and will pass with time.
Think I'll bake some of those pre-cut refrigerated chocolate chips cookies today :yes!:
Does that count as physical therapy?
 
Your body had not just one insult but two in less than a year. That anesthesia does weird things with our emotions. This too will pass and I think that refrigerator chocolate chip cookies is just what you need. Have one for me!
 
Aw, you are so strong to have undergone another TKR so soon. I can't see myself doing it again for a long time. I'm sure you are down....your body has undergone so much assault. Cry till it's out of your system and, yes, baking cookies is definitely occupational therapy. Enjoy them.
 
This is your time for major pampering! I'm bringing you a bouquet to cheer you! :flwrysmile:

Don't forget our theme song. I'll even sing it with you:
It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to.
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to.
You would cry too if it happened to you.
 
Crying sometimes is just what is needed. I believe it helps the healing. Grab a glass of milk and some cookies and enjoy.
 
Thanks everyone for giving me a shoulder to lean on..or cry on :console2:
Today my spirits were lifted...I started using my cane for a few hours instead of my walker
and actually walked out in the back yard to check on my flower garden. I filled my bird feeders and cleaned out the bird bath, it was looking a little sad. Always makes me feel better when I can accomplish such small tasks. :yes!:
 
I'm so glad you are feeling a little bit better, that little bit of activity out in the fresh air probably did a lot of good. We all know there are ups and downs with this, we just want all ups. Well done on using the cane for a bit - that's progress :happydance:
Tabby xxx
 
Yay! Ditching the walker had to be a good feeling! I only used one for a few days and it was essential for certain tasks, but switching to a cane made a huge difference in my mental state.
 
This surgery has an impact on every part of our bodies, physically and emotionally, you know that you can always share your concerns, fears and joys with us, we can all relate for sure.

I hope you are feeling better:flwrysmile:
 
Yay! Getting outside makes everything feel more normal. I'm so glad you are feeling better.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Thinking of you and hoping you're doing well. We started watching 'The Tudors' on HBO demand and I thought you might enjoy it. :console2:
 
@TML
Thanks for your get well thoughts, I'm actually doing so much better this time around. I kept a journal of my other knee so I could compare my progress. looks like I'm 3 weeks ahead with this knee :tada:
I started using my cane 2 weeks after surgery, doing well with my PT sessions and cooking dinner at night. I still have to rest and ice all the time, taking pain meds around the clock. I listen to my knee and let it be my boss.:yawn:
I have seen The Tudors on Netflex (it was really good)! right now I'm hooked on the series "Velvet" it's a 50's time period, Call the Midwifes is another good one.
I bought a Breg ice machine and really love it, wish i had it for my first surgery.
Thinking of you and @sheliac as both of you await your upcoming surgery :console2:
 
Wonderful report! I hope @sheliac and I do as well as you!
 
That's great that you are doing so well. Call the midwives was an excellent series. I also watched House of Cards.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom