Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

Great to get your update @Defender ! It's about time those numbers headed in the right direction.
 
Update.
Hi everyone just a update on how things are now.
I had an appointment last Monday but had a phone call to say unfortunately they would have to move my appointment as my surgeon had been called into theatre.
The good news is my C R P has been falling nicely now for 5 weeks so I am praying I will get a date for surgery this coming Monday.
 
Best wishes for Monday. I hope you get that date for surgery soon.
 
What good news! I'm celebrating with you! I hope you can get your surgery scheduled really soon.
 
Update.
Just about to leave got a phone call appointed been changed Mr palmer is moving all elected patients to springfield
My appointment is now tomorrow at 3 15.
It looks like my operation will be done at springfield hostpital this is where my initial knee replacement was done.
 
Well i had my appointment and didn't go too bad.
My C R P numbers are not spiking in the high numbers now they are in the low teens and over the last 7 weeks I had one increase to 20.
My surgeon has booked me in for 15 December ( early Christmas gift )
I am really not looking forward to this operation as I think this one is going to be difficult for me as I havent walked properly since February my hips hurt when bending in fact I will need to do a lot of muscle building.
Wish me luck and keep praying for me and thank you all for being here when I needed you.
I sure am going to need you all as my journey continues.
 
We all wish you the best of success with this next surgery!

You may need muscle building, but remember, heal first.
 
Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. Don’t worry you will be able to add back muscle as you heal.
 
A new knee is a wonderful Christmas gift! This one is going to be great! We will be praying for you.
 
My surgeon has booked me in for 15 December ( early Christmas gift )
I am really not looking forward to this operation as I think this one is going to be difficult for me as I havent walked properly since February my hips hurt when bending in fact I will need to do a lot of muscle building.
I'm glad you have a date for the revision, @Defender .

Is your surgeon going to exchange the hardware?

Walking may be difficult initially, but it will gradually improve. Don't try to rush it. Slow and steady progress should be your aim.
 
My surgeon has booked me in for 15 December ( early Christmas gift )
I am really not looking forward to this operation as I think this one is going to be difficult for me as I havent walked properly since February my hips hurt when bending in fact I will need to do a lot of muscle building.
I'm glad you have a date for the revision, @Defender .

Is your surgeon going to exchange the hardware?

Walking may be difficult initially, but it will gradually improve. Don't try to rush it. Slow and steady progress should be your aim.
Yes he going to give me another knee.
So hopefully a nice shinny knee for Christmas
 
@Defender .... I’m so glad to hear a positive report from you! And a surgery schedule to boot. Bravo! You will be in my prayers for an easy go of it this time. You may have a slower start to recovery just because of all you’ve been through. But you’ll get there. Just keep reminding yourself that patience will be required. Slow and steady. You are strong and you’ve been through a lot. You can get through this too. We’ll be here for you.
 
They took my picc line out it's red around where the tube went in.
Then doctor rang as he found out about the swab result.
He was going to put me on another course of antibiotics I said if it contains rifampacin I can't take it.
He then rang the micro biologist and he said no can't take it.
I have to go to Broomfield to have my pre op check on Friday 27th
Then on the 12 December I have to go through the drive in covid test.
I couldn't make out why the pre check was being done at broomfield hospital if my op was going to be done at springfield hostpital
I managed to get my consultant's number so spoke to him he said surgery would be done at springfield and it will be 15th December.
Nurse is coming round in the morning to check where my picc line tube enty was.
Be glad when this is all over.
I am now on oral antibiotics until my surgery.
Thanks to everyone for the support given.
 
Last edited:
You have a whole team rooting and praying for you. You will be fine!
 
You have a whole team rooting and praying for you. You will be fine!
Thanks I have my pre assessment tomorrow and I have to go to a drive through covid test about two days before my op.
Really not looking forward to this one.
I will of course keep this thread updated on my progress.
Clive.
 
@Defender glad to hear you are moving forward with this again. Just take each day as it comes. Try and stay positive (easy for me to say, I know). We are with you!
 
@Defender glad to hear you are moving forward with this again. Just take each day as it comes. Try and stay positive (easy for me to say, I know). We are with you!
Thanks I just hope now I am oral antibiotics now they have taken my picc line out my C R P levels stay low.
They did find an infection on a swab they took so that wasn't helping.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom