Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

@Defender I think you need to see someone before the end of the week. You need plan B in action right away so that infection doesn't spike again. Can you contact the microbiologist at the hospital? At a minimum you should call your surgeon's office and get in there ASAP.
 
@JaƧey
There is no way at the moment I would be able to get to see anyone before my appointment.
Everything is completely different now.
To see a doctor takes a week or more unless in an emergency.
 
I agree with sisters - this is urgent!
 
I have a nurse come every day to change my antibiotics pump and take a blood sample every Sunday.
All my readings are then sent to my consultant so he will be aware of the results.
 
You need to be assertive and insist that you get in to see someone about a different treatment before it gets any worse. Please take up for yourself. If you don't no one else will. This is not something to let go and to wait an see. You are seeing a huge increase in those numbers. You need attention now, not next week.
 
@Defender We are all here rooting for you. Please update when you can. I hope by now you have seen your consultant and have a plan to move forward.
 
Hi Defender,
I am new to the site but have been reading about your journey which has been very difficult for you.
Here's hoping your next stage goes a lot more smoothly and you are back to enjoying a walk in the park as soon as your knee is ready. I can totally relate to a lot of your posts especially with the downers and the not wanting to have any further replacements.
There are a lot of people on here thinking of you and I will now be one them.... best of luck, let us know how it goes.
 
Thanks for all your replys.
Update.
Infection still unstable.
Went from 179
Following week 102
Following week 15
Now 69.
I am seeing my consultant next Monday who I have lost all confidence in although being told he is the best knee surgeon.
When I asked him why does it keep spiking he said I don't know which is no good to me.
I am going to insist a referal to get someone who can sort this out my life is slipping by.
I am 68 and I feel my life is on hold.
You get to a age when every day is precious.
 
@Defender ask for an infectious disease consultant. Sounds like you need that expertise if your surgeon has no clue. The surgeon may be the best knee surgeon. But that's not what you need now.
 
@Jacey
Infectious disease consultant are called micro biologists here who work with my consultant.
I have a lot of questions I want answered now like what's plan B I just can't go on like this.
I was hoping to get the final revision before Christmas doesn't look hopefull which would take me into next year.
 
Last edited:
We are all still here rooting and praying for you!
 
I am 68 and I feel my life is on hold.
You get to a age when every day is precious.
You are so right. Be very assertive, you deserve better help than you are getting.

As Jaycey said, he may be the best knee surgeon, but he is not good with figuring out infections, and that’s the kind of person you need now.
 
I am 68 and I feel my life is on hold.
You get to a age when every day is precious.
You are so right. Be very assertive, you deserve better help than you are getting.

As Jaycey said, he may be the best knee surgeon, but he is not good with figuring out infections, and that’s the kind of person you need now.
@Jockette
Your not wrong the way I feel at the moment I am livid I may get struck off the way I am feeling.
My next meeting is going to be interesting.
 
Update
Well I had my appointment last Monday to see my consultant sadly he wasn't there so I saw one of his team.
Good news is my C R P has been falling quickly over the last 3 weeks and my consultant wants to see me next Monday.
The way he spoke last Monday he was hinting that my consultant / surgeon would posibly be making an appointment for my next stage of surgery.
That would be a great Christmas gift.
Keep praying with me.
 
@Defender ,

I'm pretty new to forum and we haven't communicated yet.

I was reading through your threads and you have been through it and back again ! It's nearly 2am and I was just about to turn off my bedside lamp, but I thought I would send you my best wishes and hopes for better days to come.
 
What good news. I pray you get a new knee for Christmas!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom