BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[PARTIAL KR] My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by Jockette, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Motherbone

Motherbone member

United States United States
    I can sympathize. My non-operated knee really limits my efforts with my injured and operated one. I can feel the bones in that knee grinding together with every step. We just have to do the best we can!

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Jockette

Jockette FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

My second, second opinion doctor called this morning, my blood test results are normal. No infection and no answer to my pain and discomfort.

Obviously I’m happy there’s no infection, I never thought there was, but I’m sad there’s nothing obvious to fix.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Jockette

I don’t expect much from the neurologist appointment next month but I might as well go through with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Smokey253

Smokey253 member

Love your thread title! Drama Queen says it all :heehee: hope things get better for you

• Like Like x 1
  5. gia2cats

gia2cats junior member

I’m happy that you don’t have an infection but sorry you don’t have any answers. Maybe the neurologist can offer some help.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mlwreader

mlwreader senior

So impressed with the attitude of this latest second opinion doc, Jockette. How wonderful to be listened to and HEARD. :loveshwr: I think your idea to see your husband's neurologist is spot on. You have been such a trooper with all of your challenges with that darn knee. :flwrysmile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jockette

@grandma chris Were you the one who posted the recipe for the “get up and go” cookies? I made them yesterday and they are tastier than I expected. :yes!:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jockette

Mojo, I just love this, and the rest of your post that I quoted this from on someone else’s thread (on the hip forum) Thanks for posting it! Who was it that gave you this advice?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

I believe it was our smart FA @sharonslp and not sure if she left it me, or for someone else...but it certainly resonated with me!
    I reread it many times when I was struggling

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jockette

@Mojo333
    It definitely goes along with what I call our our “Time theory”, time to recover, time for pain and swelling to settle and time to heal.

After my major set back at 4 months (and at 4 months one would think one is past the possibility of a major set back, but it just goes to show we’re not) my whole leg was so tight. It took months to relax. But it did. As it healed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cementless

Cementless senior

@Jockette, I just passed my 5 months mark and my bend is 110-115. I can force it to 120 if I try but it doesn't like it. I really am not doing much except sitting at my computer a lot. My revision knee is 1" to 2" larger than the other knee, so I know it has internal swelling. I get impatient for it to loosen up. I don't seem to need ES Tylenol as much and lately have been doing Celebrex 200mg PRN, which really helps!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Momma-me

Momma-me member

@Jockette I am so sorry and can empathize with what you have been through. No one truly knows what this is like until you have walked this road. Every day, I get up and pray that "today is the day" that I get an answer! I wish I had one for you... but I can pray you will get one soon! Just don't give up! HUGS! :angel:

@Cementless, your dog in your siggy looks just like my daughter's dogs. Her dogs are mixed breeds but mainly some sort of coon hound I think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Jockette

Today is my 2 year knee anniversary. Very little has changed for me in this second year. My bend is better, but only when I’m sitting on a chair. My function is not much better than it was at 6 months. To say I’m disappointed and frustrated is an understatement.

My newest X-ray only a month ago looks fine. The new surgeon was very nice but even he would not order a bone scan because the X-ray looked so good. If I know a loose implant does not always show on an X-ray, surely he does.

I went into this surgery grossly misinformed and it never occurred to me I would not have a good outcome. 2 days after surgery was culture shock and I’ve struggled every day since. I still can’t believe how much worse off I am now than I was with the arthritis. If only I could go back in time and cancel the surgery.

I am very sad today. I don’t have any hope for improvement at this point. No doctor is going to help me until something “snaps”, for lack of a better term. And oh what fun that is going to be.

The only good thing that has come from this is that I am now a more compassionate person and I spend a lot of my time on Bonesmart helping others through a very difficult recovery that most of us are grossly unprepared for.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  14. gia2cats

gia2cats junior member

@Jockette,

Are you still planning on going to the neurologist or did I miss that post?

15. traceys

traceys graduate

Canada Canada
    @Jockette i am so sorry.
    You are such a pillar for all of us and I feel so useless that we can’t take it from you and make everything better.

Pls know how loved and supported you are.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. HelloMako

HelloMako junior member

@Jockette, I come here often to read since I had PKR 3/7...maybe obsessively. I’ve often marveled at the time you and the other active forum advisors and adminirators must put in, even as many of you are still dealing with your own recoveries and repruccsions. You help so many people even if they never or rarely post, thank you! :loveshwr:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Jockette

I cancelled the appointment with the neurologist. I figure the first thing he will do is put me on gabapentin. I thought that was what I wanted. But I have changed my mind. I didn’t do well with it last June, when my first second opinion prescribed it, and my husband has been on it for the last 2 months, and he did not do well with it, either, and he is in the process of weaning off of it, as directed by his doctor’s office.

I do seem to have a nerve issue, and I know that is very hard to fix. I also don’t believe all my problem is due to a nerve issue. I still believe I have symptoms of a loose implant.

Maybe I will reschedule in the future but I just strongly felt now is not the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Smokey253

Smokey253 member

You have had such a long hard road yet you are there to comfort others. You are a special person and we are all routing for a solution to your problem. Don’t give up looking for an answer. Sending hugs your way :console2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. beachy

beachy post-grad

Did you talk about the possibility of a loose implant with Dr. McK? If not why don't you call him and discuss. I know it's a long trip if he wants to see you again.
    Are there other meds besides gabapentin for nerve issues?

20. Jolease

Jolease member

Canada Canada
    Big huge hugs to you. I know all to well how frustrating a bad outcome is. I like you wish I could go back in time and live with the arthritis pain I had. I really hope you’ll get some answers. Your a rock to a lot of us - hugs & thank-you:console2:

• Like Like x 1