PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Yes, I was able to change it myself. When I clicked on my thread, right above the list of page numbers, in tiny writing, it says “thread tools.” I tapped that and I was able to edit the title. A long time ago I read here that some threads have that and some don’t.

My knee is not doing too badly. I just got back from the mall. I wore jeans. It didn’t like them, but it didn’t scream about it, either. I’ll take it! Maybe my brain needed to hear a surgeon that I was comfortable with say there’s nothing Orthopaedic-ly (my new favorite word) wrong. Who knows.

I did some online shopping the other day. I have discovered the skort! It looks like a skirt, but it has shorts sewn into it underneath! It’s a twill fabric, kind of jeans-y. I got 2, black and tan. They’re a little tight=incentive to lose some weight! :heehee:

That’s amazing! Look at you shopping. Hey I’d knee is gonna play diva dress to show it off!

You sound so much better since your appt and that weight had been lifted off you. Soooo happy

I do feel better emotionally and mentally. Fear can really take a toll, and I was so afraid I was going to need a revision.

I admit that the level of fear I have is irrational. I did not have a horrific experience. But, personality-wise, I had a really tough time coping with painful PT, set backs caused by PT, and the fact that my surgeon also hurt me while measuring during my checkups. For me, those experiences have left me with some minor level of PTSD. We can’t always control the way our emotions react. And once that fear kicks in, it’s hard to make it stop.

My head tells me that a good experience next time will alleviate this intense fear. But in order for that to happen, I have to have the revision with the good experience. Thankfully, that’s on hold for now.

Last edited:
Maybe my brain needed to hear a surgeon that I was comfortable with say there’s nothing Orthopaedic-ly (my new favorite word) wrong. Who knows.
Just having that peace of mind is a great pain reducer. Stress makes everything hurt more. Praise God you're not there anymore! What good news that the queen behaved herself pretty well today at your shopping trip.

We can’t always control the way our emotions react. And once that fear kicks in, it’s hard to make it stop.
Oh gosh, do I know about that, except about dentists. I had teeth filled in my preteens without novacane and this was 3 different visits. The pain was awful. When I became an adult, I quit going to the dentist and now I have dentures. Fear can control us in a good way, but also in a very bad way. When you can let go of that fear, the battle is mostly won!

I also grew up in the no novacane era.

I needed extractions when I was 5-ish. They gave me gas. For years I didn’t like walking into a dry cleaners because it smelled the same. I would beg my mother to let me stay outside while she went in. Thankfully I’m over that now.

it did bring something good out of your life experiences.
No, it made me a snaggle tooth! But, it did make me understand people's fears. They are real! But, also, they can be conquered! Jockette did that by going to that OS appointment this past Monday!

Thanks, @traceys , but I sure don’t feel very strong!

Oh, and when I got home from the mall I walked out to the mailbox. I met my neighbor across the street getting her mail. She looked so pleased and commented on how well I was walking. I just smiled and agreed. She added, it took a long time, didn’t it. I agreed again.

So even though I have a drama queen knee, at least it’s not overly obvious to others. However, my speed is much slower than it used to be, due to both my knee and my foot not feeling good. Whatever. I can walk!

@gia2cats He actually reminded me of my son in law, who is also a doctor. Similar build and mannerisms. And I love my son in law, so I think that helped a lot. Between you and Beachy, I expected to like him. He did not disappoint.

@Jockette i am so enjoying your updates. So proud of you for facing the fears and going for another consult. This has been a hard journey for you, praying for continued strength and direction to help the nerve pain and drama queen knee

Hey Jockette!
This made for a great read!
I'm thrilled that Dr. McKinstry gave you peace of mind. I'm sure gia2cats is, too.
It was meant to be. It did take a lot of courage to make the appointment.

Skorts! You will live in them. So cute in the warm weather. And great news that your knee tolerated jeans.
Things are looking good for you!

I’ve been having some zingers the last few days. I hope that means my nerves near the knee decided to start improving again, at this late date!

I was at my son’s yesterday and my knee actually handled the flight of stairs decently. Of course I needed both the hand rail and my cane, but it was fairly smooth all the way up, foot over foot.

When we left I came downstairs toddler style and my non operated knee was not happy by then, probably because it had been a little stressed earlier when I’d gone up.

So I really can’t win. Any attempt to strengthen the operated leg results in upsetting the other knee, which I will have to be desperate to replace any time in the future.

Hi everyone. New to the forum.. had a patella femoral replacement done Just about 4 weeks ago and struggling with range of motion.
Hi and Welcome to Bonesmart! Thanks for posting here and introducing yourself.

I’m going to ask a moderator to put your post into a recovery thread of your own where you will get more responses and be able to talk about your concerns.

This is a tough recovery for most of us. Before my partial I read about partials and I was under the impression that my recovery would about 2-3 months and be much easier than a total, even though I had no clue what a total replacement recovery was like. My first 4 weeks were a shock!

Hang out here with us, there’s lots of support and information. I don’t know how I would have made it without Bonesmart.

I’ve been having some zingers the last few days. I hope that means my nerves near the knee decided to start improving again, at this late date!
Believe it or not, I'm still getting zingers, too. They are nothing like they were at first, they just let me know they are there.

I pray that your nerves are healing and are the cause of your discomfort. Also, that those nerves will completely heal and you'll have no more knee pain!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson