PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Do you think your knee is feeling better lately???
No, I hurt it yesterday, trying to reach a coffee creamer on the lowest shelf in Walmart. I had to bend my knee and lean in, and the knee said NO! It brought tears to my eyes, but that could have been more from frustration. Thankfully a nice young man who worked there was nearby and got the creamer for me. It was way in the back, the creamers had not slid forward as people took them out.

Leaning forward and reaching like that isn’t good for my recent shoulder and arm issues, either. I tell you, I’m just falling apart! :bawl:

Fa la la la la, la la la la :reindeerlights:
 
Jockette, I don't remember, but, did you go to the doctor to see about your arm and shoulder? If you have strained them, there are some pretty good exercises on the internet you can do. That would probably help some. Enough is enough!
 
No, I haven’t gone to a doctor for my arm. It will be a last resort.

My shoulder is much better, from usually being careful about reaching, and getting rid of my 1000 pound shoulder purse. I also bought a new tiny wallet just big enough to hold my absolute essentials.

I did not go practice bowling yesterday. Our league is off for a few weeks so I’m trying to also stay away on practice days. Actually, bowling hardly bothered my arm, surprisingly. It hurts more to pick up my coffee cup on the tray next to the couch, than it does to throw the bowling ball. :shrug: Must be the angle. It does feel better today, I think the 1000 mg of Tylenol during the night and every 6 hours consistent over the 24 hours is helping. I even broke down and bought some aspercreme with lidocaine to rub on the arm. We’ll see.

Right now I’m resting it as much as I can. Without a “diagnosis” I’m afraid I might do a wrong exercise and make things worse.

Hopefully, after a rest, bowling will be the best way to strengthen it!
 
Where does you arm hurt? It almost sounds like tennis elbow. I had that a few times in the 70s. It hurts right below the bend in the elbow, down towards the wrist. If that is what it is, you can buy a tennis elbow brace. They help a lot! Mine had gotten so bad that I couldn't even pick up my fork. I got a cortisone shot which calmed it down. Then, when I felt it coming back I used the brace.
 
After the turkey episode, it was just the inside of my forearm that hurt. The last few days, in addition to that, the outside of my elbow hurts quite a bit, even at rest, and then also my upper arm. It’s weird what hurts and what doesn’t.

It does not hurt when I put weight on the arm to get up off the couch. After throwing the bowling ball a bunch of times, I hardly noticed it.

It does hurt to pick the bowling ball up off the rack, but not if I use the other hand underneath the ball and just use the bad arm to steady it when I pick it up. It hurts to pick something up, and when I open the refrigerator.

It’s been over a month and I’ve bowled the whole time and my arm wasn’t any worse off when I was done each time I bowled.

I’ll continue to be patient.

And if I do feel I need to see a doctor, should I find one in a different group than my original surgeon? My surgeon’s group is huge but I’d rather not go to his practice, even though I know it wouldn’t be my knee surgeon who I’d see.

Thankfully it has felt better today.
 
Google tennis elbow and see if that's your symptoms. If so, it's an easy fix.
 
@Josephine
I still think my implant is loose, though 2 surgeons have ignored my symptoms.

Will a loose implant damage my leg if I ignore it, also?

I am very afraid of going through this surgery again. The first time has been a very bad experience.
 
Gosh, have they really? That's shameful. I can't really answer your question because the answer is maybe yes (a bit) and maybe no. NOT what you want to hear, I know, but the best I can offer.
 
the answer is maybe yes (a bit) and maybe no.
Thanks. My lay person’s thought is, if it’s loose, the slight movement could be abrasive to the bone and cause damage to the bone.

My husband asked if the implant is “just floating around in there” and I told him no, I don’t think that’s possible, as it’s a very small space in the knee.

I did a deeper bend a week ago in a store trying to reach something on a low shelf and my knee has not yet recovered. It feels awful. :bawl:

This has been going on for almost 2 years now. :blackcloud:
 
This has been going on for almost 2 years now. :blackcloud:
I think that's plenty long enough.
You've given it time and it hasn't sorted itself out.

I understand how much you're dreading having another surgery, but I do think it's time to see if the problem (whatever it is) can be fixed.
 
@Jockette

Hun this is ridiculous!!
I have pt tomorrow and have the feeling my OS will wander thru. I have a great relationship with him and going to “ask for a friend” seriously.

He loves talking about his profession
 
@Jockette

Hun this is ridiculous!!
I have pt tomorrow and have the feeling my OS will wander thru. I have a great relationship with him and going to “ask for a friend” seriously.

He loves talking about his profession
Please ask him how he would investigate loose implant symptoms. Thanks!
 
My husband is very understanding of my fears of another surgery (he saw how I was with this one) and he has already told me, “we’ll get through it.” :roseshwr:
 
Just curious about someone getting tested for a blood clot. If someone does have one, how is it treated?
 
When I had a blood clot in my thigh about 18 years ago after an emergency appendectomy, I was admitted to the hospital where a funny nurse told me I had one of the most boring conditions in the hospital.

She was not minimizing its seriousness or making light of others’ suffering. Believe me - the boredom was welcome considering all of the other hardships being experienced by some other patients.

But she was right - it was boring. The pain was managed and I basically sat in a hospital bed for 5 days taking blood thinners, having my blood tested approximately 102054 times a day, and waiting for the clot to stabilize.

@Jockette I’ve been reading all of the comforting and helpful comments and advice you give to other forum members, and sure do hope you find a surgeon soon who can help you fix your painful knee results
 
@ebungalow Thank you. While I am so unhappy with my results, I’m having a very hard time moving forward with more opinions and most likely, more surgery.

Second opinions are a whole different, unpleasant ball game. I’ve already had one, and it was a waste of everyone’s time.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom