PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

On your phone it's the smiley face where you can agree or like posts
 
I'll try not to go crazy with them!
 
@Celle Thank you so much for your post yesterday to kayow11 on page 7 of her thread. I know you've said that before, as others have also said, but this time it really clicked for me.

I love how you were never concerned about rom coming back, because everyone told you it would, given time. What a blessing that you had people telling you that. Off this forum no one has said that to me. My friends and acquaintances think one can't possibly recover without PT and keeping up one's home exercises.

You are right that all this measuring and threats of MUA's a lot of us have to endure is so stressful and makes us feel inadequate. It makes a difficult recovery that much worse.

I have bookmarked your post and I think I am also going to print it out so that when doubts creep in I can read it again and again!

Thank you Celle, and the rest of the staff, as well as members, who are willing to remind us again and again of the Bonesmart way!
 
I'm really glad my post was helpful for you. I hope it helped other people as well.
 
Hi, @Jockette, I'm glad to hear that you've worked out a way to use your peddler. Once it's secure, you can move your chair closer or farther away to make things comfortable for you. Some days I had to back my chair up because I was sore. Other days I could move it closer, for more bend, when there was no pain. I still use mine when I experience stiffness.
 
I still need to fine tune the chair I use with the peddler, my back didn't like the angle when I used it today. It's always something, isn't it!

This week's bowling scores:

Monday- 101, 121 and 120
Yesterday - 143, 113 and 113.
I even got 2 split conversions yesterday!
My ball speed is still not what it was before surgery but my scores are. :loveshwr:
 
Hey, all above 100! I use my pedaler often and have a dedicated chair for it. It's set in just the right place. No one -- and mean no one -- touches that chair.

Always something. Always. But the longer we go, the better the somethings.
 
Yep, it's always something! I'm having trouble with the chair I'm using. The peddling motion is loosening the joints of the wooden chair. I'm thinking I might need to get a steel-framed chair like the ones they use at PT!

Congrats on the bowling scores! Things are looking up for you! It must feel great.
 
woo hoo . . . Kneerah for improving bowling scores . . . and converting splits -- much better than doing the splits :rofsign:I miss bowling so much -- nearest bowling alley is over an hour away.
 
Well, I had a slight over did it on Friday, but all's good today! We did some furniture shopping and were in 3 different stores, so a good bit of walking around but also, and probably more detrimental, a lot of just standing, talking to sales people and waiting.

My knee was more sore than usual by Friday evening. Then yesterday morning we went back again to one store and by the time I left the store I was hurting, which increased as the day went on, even though I was home by 10:30 am and took it easy the rest of the day.

In these times of swelling/low level pain it feels like my leg bones are wood with a rusty hinge at the knee and the wood pieces scrape together when I walk. Ugh!!!! Such a nasty feeling! It is moments like these that I worry about my Patellofemoral not working right!

But like I said, I feel good today, so it got over itself quickly. It's encouraging when the episode doesn't last as long as it used to, or get as intense as it used to.
 
We're sitting here watching football (well my husband is, only occasionally does something on tv catch my attention!) and I noticed a car commercial. The seats looked really nice and padded and comfortable.

It made me think that car makers really ought to design a car in which the passenger could elevate one's legs, safely and while comfortably wearing a seat belt and facing forward.

Don't you agree? :shrug:

Im
 
Good news that you're getting past the swelling and soreness quickly. I'm finding that, too. The knees bounce back quickly instead of taking two or even three days as a few months ago.
 
In these times of swelling/low level pain it feels like my leg bones are wood with a rusty hinge at the knee and the wood pieces scrape together when I walk. Ugh!!!! Such a nasty feeling!

I know the feeling, but I think of it as feeling like Pinocchio!

Furniture stores are usually very large, and you went to 3! That's probably lots more walking than you think. I agree, though, that standing might especially have made you sore. It does me.
 
It made me think that car makers really ought to design a car in which the passenger could elevate one's legs, safely and while comfortably wearing a seat belt and facing forward.

Funny you should mention this! A couple of years ago when I had meniscal allograft transplant (Original Spence) done, I was in a cast like wrap for 6 weeks, then a full leg brace locked at 0 for a couple of weeks, it eventually got moved to 30°, and slowly increased after that. I was non-weight bearing for 1st 8 weeks. In order to get around, it was easier for me to sit front facing. So, in my vehicle I took of the passenger seat headrest, reclined the seat flat back, got in and scooted back so I sat in the rear seat with leg out in front. Wore seatbelt of back seat, and was quite comfortable. :)
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom