Guest viewing is limited

PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Hugs @Jockette! So sorry the news meds aren’t working yet, but hopefully soon! Enjoy lunch with your old friends! It will be a great moral booster! [emoji847]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
After long enough even an optimist gets sick and tired of being sick and tired. :sad: Have fun with your friends today at lunch! May the distraction and good food provide a needed pick-you-up!
 
After long enough even an optimist gets sick and tired of being sick and tired. :sad: Have fun with your friends today at lunch! May the distraction and good food provide a needed pick-you-up!

Truer words have never been spoken...
 
Lunch with my old friends was lovely. It’s always nice to catch up with them.

I called the second opinion office last Friday to ask them to email me the summary of the appointment. Of course the person who answered the phone could not do it, but she said the person who could help me would call me back. That person did at the end of the day, and yes she’d send it out. Today is Thursday and I still don’t have it. I know people are busy, but I’m not asking for the world.

My X-ray looked fine, so I guess my case is not important to them.
 
Call them again, Jockette! And then again, if you need to. You are too nice. Keep after them, it's for your own good!
 
I called again yesterday. The person who answered the phone said she didn’t know if M was in, but thought she was and would pass on the message. Maybe M is on vacation this week?

It’s a simple request. I am very, very disappointed in this whole second opinion appointment. So not what I was expecting.

I am debating about a third opinion. And if that is very different do I do a fourth? Where does it end? Which opinion is right?
 
I know how disheartening this can be, but do keep at it.
Yes, if your second opinion isn't satisfactory, do seek a third, a fourth, as many as you need, to get the right surgeon for you and your knee.

It's your knee and your life and you have every right to get your knee fixed properly, by a competent surgeon you can trust.
 
It doesn’t seem fair that you feel like **** and have to navigate the whole doctor’s office thing. After you “beg” them to do their job you can check around for another opinion. Sometimes ya gotta kiss a bunch of frogs to find a prince.:froggies:
 
Guess that word is not allowed LOL
We do have a profanity filter. Did you try to post a bad word? :heehee:

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. I don’t want to scare you, as you haven’t had surgery yet. But my experience has not been good.
 
@Jockette I just wanted to say thank you for always being so positive and encouraging to me and to others who post here. The fact that you are so encouraging and supportive makes it all the more upsetting that you have not been able to find a solution for your knee. I mean, nobody deserves what you’ve been through, for sure, but I really wish you could get some answers. Hang in there!! :console2:
 
@chicklet , thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a lot. :console2:
 
I hope you get relief or answers soon. It’s been over a year for me as well and I know how frustrating the process is, knowing something isn’t right but not sure what to do. I just read your entire post and it’s good to see you keep trying and staying positive.
 
@NewMe7 Wow, you read my whole thread? It’s a long one, I’m very gabby!

Thank you for your thoughts.

I see that you are new, Welcome to Bonesmart! How’s your recovery going? It sounds like you might still have some issues. Would you like to start a thread of your own, if you haven’t already? We’d love to get to know you better.
 
@Jockette, I suggest you keep plugging along, looking for the right surgeon. You have to get your situation fixed. I can't believe there isn't a qualified OS out there that can take care of you. I wouldn't even consider living with what you have going on.
Do you think you have a loose implant? If so, that has to be fixed. It's only likely to get worse as time goes on if it's left alone.
It's unfortunate, but through this process, you have to expect people to not always follow through. That was my experience too, though so disappointing. But you can't get discouraged and quit. My experiences that were similar to this at times, just made me more angry and indignant, and caused me to push harder and faster. I am a persistent person though, and have found out that this produces more than to sit and wait.
 
So, I had my first pool experience of the summer and I’m happy to report it was much better than last summer!

Last summer I was between approximately 3-5 months post op and my knee most definitely did not like the water. It felt huge as soon as I got in the pool.

Today, it didn’t feel like that. :happydance:
It could be the gabapentin I’ve been on for 2 weeks is starting to kick in, as I think there is definitely nerve damage around my knee. And, I’m quite pleased with the ease, and amount, of bending I did in the pool. I didn’t do a lot of bending, didn’t want to over work my little drama queen knee, and so far so good. (I’ve been home for several hours.)

The one negative I had was when I was just walking in the pool, in water waist high, every time I stepped on my operated leg, I felt a sidewards wobble in the knee that I don’t feel on land. It surprised me, actually.

But other than that, I call it a positive experience. :swim:
 
Last edited:
@Josephine Do you have a diagram of the knee and the nerves that surround it?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom