PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Oh no! So sorry Jockette! Never had tinnitus but both my parents get it from time to time. I do know there is a medication for it, but I always hated taking something just to relieve the side effects of something else you are taking. I hope it settles down for you real soon!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thanks, @Hood1980
I’m so frustrated. I’ve had tinnitus for years, and I’ve been taking a supplement also for years, that has kept it down to a level I can live with. It doesn’t come and go, it’s ALL the time, but this new loud consistent level is unacceptable.

I don’t not know whether to toss the gabapentin or continue on with it.

@Josephine How long should I persevere with the gabapentin at the expense of now having such an increase in volume of the tinnitus that I’ve had for years?
 
It's entirely up to you, my dear. I'd stop it for a while to see if it really is the gaba.
 
My Tramadol causes terrible tinnitus. Many medicines cause it for me. I'm trying to decide whether to stop the Tramadol and just endure the pain. Even the max dosage of Tylenol causes tinnitus for me.
 
@Josephine After 3 weeks of 300 3x a day, do I need to wean off it?

@HoneyB I can’t remember any other medicines that affected my tinnitus. I do find the occasions I have too much sugar causes in increase in volume, but just for a few hours.
 
Jockette I’ve had tinnitus almost 10 yrs when I started a med that I must take. At first I couldn’t stand the ringing and now I think I’ve become used to it. It’s probably mild compared to yours. I hope you have some relief from that and the knee issue soon!
 
@Josephine After 3 weeks of 300 3x a day, do I need to wean off it?
Nah! You'll be fine
As usual, you were right! I only took 2 doses on Friday (July 6) and haven’t taken any since and no withdrawal issues at all.

Thank you, again, for all you do for us. I’m sure we don’t tell you often enough. :console2:
 
I did email the office this morning to see if there is a Plsn B.
 
I read through my thread the last few days and the recurring theme is: “my leg is so sensitive to different angles” and “I’m so afraid something is wrong.” And at just about 16 months it’s still true.

And the first place they look is at the X-ray. And if that looks fine, then there is no problem.
 
I hate to be blown off! Did you do an allergy? That might be something to look in to. Have you heard back from the OS yet?
 
I am so sorry that you keep getting the run around. What a journey this has been for you. You are always so encouraging to others and here you are still having issues! :console2:
 
I didn’t expect to hear back from the OS office today, I think they said he does surgery on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I have wondered just recently about an allergy, but I don’t have much problems with jewelry. I do have some cheap earrings that can leave a mark on my skin, but no itching or irritation, so it’s probably not an issue. I tried to read the article about it in the library but it was a long and complicated article. :flabber:
 
my PT told me that she sees a lot of people who have residual pain and weakness related to lateral releases.
Thanks again for telling me this, I quoted you on my thread so I could find it easily.

@sistersinhim has said she had a lot of discomfort from her lateral release also, but not as long as mine, I don’t think.
 
Around 1990, I had arthroscopic surgery on my non-replacement knee (right) to do a lateral release and a scraping of my patella to remove arthritic spurs and such. That was the worst of any knee surgery I ever had (I've had three), and I truly regretted having that surgery. It took many years for the pain to improve beyond what I'd experienced before the surgery.
Tricia, thanks again for this information, I put it here in my thread so I could find it easier.
 
I had a full lateral release (over 30 years ago) on my non TKR knee and it was a very hard recovery for me too! It kept me away from Orthopaedic Surgeons until I injured my other knee so bad I couldn’t walk and rehab it, that I had to have surgery. It’s all part of my fear moving forward. Seems like every surgery I have, I get worse off, making surgery not worth it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Hood1980 Wow, you, too.

I know what you mean about doing something to fix something and creating another issue. :console2:

Do you have another appointment scheduled?
 
Yes I do, do you? I remember you had another one scheduled but cancelled it to give the medication you were prescribed a chance. What is your plan forward? So far, my original surgeon, is still my best option. He’s so well known as an excellent surgeon and revision surgeon that everyone has only positive things to say about him. The surgeon yesterday was very supportive of him and me going back to him to have the revision surgery or he’d do it if I wanted him too.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom