Guest viewing is limited

PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

“ not the same” I complained more, took more pain medication. He made it look “ easy breezy”. But the reality was he was stoic.
I think our personalities come into play in this recovery. Unfortunately I am a complainer (I’m not proud of that) and I don’t like inconvenience. While my recovery did not have complications and honestly was quite average, and almost all knee replacement recoveries are difficult, I think I found mine to be more difficult than someone else having a very similar one might.

A while back my daughter suggested I google Highly Sensitive Person. Oh my, it SO described me! I got the book out of the library and in the beginning of the book were 24 statements about us that we were to answer agree or disagree. I agreed with 20 of them!

It shed new light on a lot of things, but also my recovery and how I handled the experience.
 
A while back my daughter suggested I google Highly Sensitive Person. Oh my, it SO described me! I got the book out of the library and in the beginning of the book were 24 statements about us that we were to answer agree or disagree. I agreed with 20 of them!

@Jockette Yep, I've read that book and recognized myself in it. It doesn't make things easier, but it does help to explain things. Made me feel less "freaky".
 
I actually though, for me, it did make things easier. It explained so much about me.

I really have to refrain myself from telling my husband, “because I’m a highly sensitive person....”. :rotfl: I figure if I choose when I say it, and only occasionally, it will carry more weight.
 
Last edited:
I had a decent bowling day yesterday, 109, 143, and 109. I’m happy with anything over 100 but 143 is extra fun!

And the best part, I threw the ball 7.1 miles an hour at least twice! (I don’t look at the speed every time) Since surgery my speed is usually 6-something. Before surgery it was 10-something.

And one of my friends made us all Easter basket cupcakes. What fun to walk in and find a cupcake waiting for us at our little tables! Such a fun group!
:loveshwr:
 
Wow your bowling scores are great! The last time I bowled scores were calculated manually! It has been a very long time!
 
Your bowling progress is fun to watch. I remember your first outing back several months. You’ve really improved!
 
How did your knee do and how is it now?
 
Actually my knee wasn’t very happy. I tried the new sensitive tape, but the knee was a bit unhappy when I put the tape on and I think the tape made it worse. I also wore capri pants that come down below the knee, so there were two things irritating an already irritated knee.

I put the tape on late morning yesterday and took it off this morning.

I don’t think I’ll use this tape again. I’m not sure if I can send it back since I’ve used some of it. I didn’t see any specific return policy for this item on Amazon. I guess I could try and see if it goes through.

On a good note, the tape didn’t irritate my skin!
 
Are you sure it won't help your knee at a different time? You had so much relief with your first taping. I was really hoping the tape would work for you again. If you've already used some tape, Amazon might not take it back until it's guaranteed to help.
 
I don’t think anything but a revision is going to help, if that.
:bawl:
 
@Jamie I just read about Dr. Jonathan Garino, who you mentioned in a pre op thread.

His description said he does reconstruction, revisions and partials (among other things).

Do you think he might be a good option for me to look into when I’m ready? Do I need someone very familiar with taking out a Patellofemoral, if I need a revision?
 
You just need someone who specialises in doing revisions.
 
He would be a good choice, I believe. His experience with doing partials plus revisions is a plus, although not completely necessary. I'll know a lot more about him after JRAD!
 
@Jamie That’s what I was thinking! Do you know what topic he’s talking about?

And if I also decided to get a third opinion, would #2 and #3 have to have no association with each other, the way it is between the original surgeon and a second opinion?
 
You can always find the speakers and topics on the JRAD website under the Programs link. Dr. Garino and I are doing a pain management presentation. And he is doing a session on rehabbing at home. I don't see that he's participating in the panel discussion, but if you had a specific question, you could type it into the site during the conference and it might be selected for an online response.
 
I’m very interested in the two topics he’ll be talking about! Those are my two biggest concerns for any future knee surgery.
 
@mlwreader Yes, I often wonder if my knee is doing the same thing as my foot, with the touching thing. It’s beyond annoying. And if it is doing the same thing, my fear is that it’s not going to get better.

But it’s 2 different legs. It would seem to make more sense if it was the same leg.

Surprisingly my foot tolerates my bowling shoe. It’s a wide sneaker type, my removable orthotic is in it and I have them tied as loosely as I can get away with. No wonder my average is so much lower with all the distractions of my foot in a shoe and my knee in anything other than shorts when I bowl. At least bowling is a distraction.
 
Not only is it a distraction, it's good exercise and a mood lifter, too!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom