THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing about that ITBand... I stopped going to PT, again, because I was getting worse rather than better. (Go figure) Went to my PCP and she gave me a dose of Prednisone. Took that for 5 days and started feeling improvement by the 3rd day. Then about a week of not so much.... but, now, I have no problem at all and it's been a good 8 days with no twinges of pain at all in my thigh. So I am hoping I'm all done with any IT Band issues. I still have bursitis, but it's nothing I can't deal with. Hope you feel better soon sweetie.

@CricketHip, I have been thinking of you so much this week and wondering how you're doing.
I'm sorry to hear that another THR is in your future.
You'll get through it like a champ though.
Big Hugs and good thoughts are flowing your way. :)

I know you have mentioned that you opted to go in as soon as your second hip showed "the signs" can you please expand on what the signs were and were there good days still, at that point?
It was the nagging groin pain and the beginning of a limp. By the time I had my RTHR I was truly limping. But it was only a matter of weeks, not years. Also carrying anything heavy was impossible. My hip would just complain.

As you know a hip can go from tolerable to horrid very quickly. I just wanted to avoid that again. I am convinced getting my right hip done early contributed to what was a fairly simple recovery.

Thank you @Jaycey. I am getting my mind wrapped around this.. and that is absolutely my worst fear, having it deteriorate as quickly as the left did.

My father couldn't believe how fast mine went...it was accelerated. I'm so glad I didn't wait...(well, once I finally got an X-ray.)

I am getting my mind wrapped around this.
It's tough facing another surgery. But in your heart you know it will be right. And having both done and dusted is certainly a comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022