THR My 5 week journey journal

Hello @hipster55
Stopping by to wish you a Happy Two Month Anniversary.
Prayers your heart is healing from your loss as you continue moving through your recovery.
Hugs to you :console2:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!

I hope you were able to enjoy Christmas, but understand those first holidays, birthdays and anniversaries after losing someone close can prove challenging. May your heart continue to heal from your loss and the New Year bring you peace, comfort, joy and many blessings.
Let us know how you're doing next time you stop by. We'd love to hear from you. Big hugs :console2:
@hipster55
 
Hi all,

Here's an update on my progress. Tomorrow will be 4 months post surgery. I have gotten back to my morning workouts and stretching, walking and stationary cycling. Although I did overdo it and pulled a muscle deep in my glutes somewhere so that took a week of recovery which sucked big time. My hip is still swollen and tender but the swelling is almost gone (does flare up if I workout). Seems to have taken longer than the other hip for some reason. The new hip/leg is still somewhat weaker than the other but by experience I know it took me 6 months to a year last time to where I felt normal again so I'm not too disturbed by this. My flexibility has increased in so many ways, some of which I can't describe here.... nudge nudge wink wink. So all good.

The healing from losing my brother has been a difficult one but each day does get a little better. There has been an overwhelming support for his family through GoFundMe and other means. I just found out that they are installing a defibrillator in our home town where we grew up with a plaque in memory of my brother so that is comforting for all of us.

Anyway I'll check in at six months and give you all an update.

Cheers
 
:wave: @hipster55
So good to see your update and thanks for sharing your journey...:loveshwr:

What a wonderful thing to do to honor your brother's memory...

Please pop by again soon and tell us something good. (G rated :wink: )

Continued best wishes for health and happiness.
 
Hi @hipster55
I'm sorry for the heavy heart you're dealing with over the loss of your dear brother. What a wonderful memorial in his name. Just think of the lives that may be saved with that defibrillator. I hope you're finding comfort in the sweet memories you hold close and dear.

Happy Four Month Anniversary! It's good to read your recovery is going well. Thanks for taking the time to update and the promise to come back and share further progress. I'm happy for you.
Have a great weekend!
 
Congrats on the 4 month status, all sounds well. You've got a great, realistic outlook on where you're at and where you know you're going. This hip shebang really gives us a keen insight and appreciation of our amazing bodies, eh? :yes!:l
So sad to hear about your loss, but his memory will live on in the many lives of those who will be saved by the defibrillator. :angel:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom