United States
United States
United States
Last night my knee kept me up for a lot of the night, with pain on the inside of my knee and down into my leg. And when I woke up this morning, it’s still swollen and the scar looks raised and angry. I’ve been keeping track of my steps, to see if I can relate activity to discomfort, and for the past four days I’ve been doing about 6500 steps a day. I guess my knee isn’t happy with that and I should probably try to pull back? Also, the weather here (outside of Philadelphia) has really taken a dip, with temperatures in the upper 40s during the night and morning. I’m wondering if the change in weather could also be an issue? So today I guess I’m icing and elevating more. I know...2 steps forward, one back, ugh
It will most likely happen again, but the good news is, the more we heal, the quicker we recover from an overdoing event.
United States
United States
I am with you on the pants issue. I was just telling my friend that I was so glad I got this surgery in the heat of the summer because shorts and dresses were perfect. They left the incision open, it stayed dry, and probably healed better. But since the temperatures have dropped, I’ve been wearing pants the last three days and the sensitivity is really annoying. hoping it calms down a bit before I go back to work in two weeks because shorts will not cut it in the hospital!
United StatesOh my goodness! I totally read this as - we should wear cling wrap underwear vs wearing cling wrap on your leg underneath pants! And I thought eewww - see through underwear. Hahaha!!!@Dizzy maybe we should try the cling wrap under pants...that will make for a cute look too
United States
United States
is it still normal to feel like this?
United States
At three months I can’t say I’m happy yet, and my OS warned me about that. He said at 3 and 4 months I still wouldn’t consider him a friend, LOL, and he was right. I still have pain, swelling, and lots of clicking and clunking. I’m trying to be positive and thinking that this will diminish as I heal more. I think it’s better than it was a few weeks ago, but since I’m doing more now it’s hard to tell. And to be honest I’m probably not resting as much as I should. My activity level is between 7000 and 8000 steps a day just in activities of daily living. I also do about 15 minutes on the exercise bike almost daily. My family tells me to quit the bike, but it actually makes me feel much better and helps to deal with the stiffness that I tend to get. I’m thinking part of the problem may be that I seem to be a slow healer. My scar took almost 9 weeks to completely close up in spots so I’m thinking internal tissues are taking their time as well. Trying to be hopeful, especially since I will be starting back to work next week!