TKR Muldoh’s one year old TKR!

Thank you for your update, it gives me hope and makes me feel like I can get there.
Congrats for your sons wedding - what a beautiful picture!
:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you for the positive update,I needed to read that today!! Although I am improving slowly it just feels like I’m no better off than before the surgery. It’s 9 weeks since the surgery and I find standing for more than 10 mins hard,walking for any conceivable distance hard and trying to get that bloody leg to be comfortable in bed hard.
But reading your story has given me the hope that the best is yet to come so thank you :)
Congratulations on getting to dance at your sons wedding,it’s a beautiful picture. !!
 
@Cabu Hello, I remember nine weeks as being such a difficult time! I kept feeling like I should be better by then, but I wasn’t. The pain was always there and I was so exhausted from not being able to sleep at night. But please hang in there because somewhere around four months I really turned a corner, and hopefully you will too! It was around that time that I found I would go for longer periods without even thinking about my knee. It certainly wasn’t perfect, but I could definitely see the light at the end of that long tunnel. And by five and six months I was even saying that I was glad that I did it! Wishing you well in your journey!
 
Hi @Gardenplotter! Thank you for your kind words about the wedding, and I’m glad I could provide some hope for you. I know that I read almost every thread so that I could find that hope early on in my journey. I read your thread and saw that you were worried about going back to work. I felt exactly the same way… I was scared to death and wondered how I would ever get through a whole day at the hospital. I was about 13 weeks when I went back, and believe it or not, it really turned out to be a good thing! I found that because I was busy at my job, I went for long periods of time without even thinking about my knee. No time to obsess and worry like I was doing at home. And because I was so tired when I got home, it helped me sleep better at night which was a definite plus! Best wishes to you as you continue this journey
 
Wow, Muldoh, what a wonderful finishing touch to your story! Your photo dancing with your son is such a perfect finale!

I'm glad I stumbled on your story, since my first TKR was well before yours, and now #2 came well after... BoneSmart was essentially a lifeline to me, as well, when I couldn't sleep due to pain and sickness from opioids that didn't work!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom