TKR MUA at 9 months?

I have had RLS and muscular cramps both RLS make my legs feel as though you MUST move them. Muscle cramps, however, can be excruciating, to the point of drowning in your pool.
 
Wow....what an interesting remedy! It's certainly not something I've heard of before. Wish I'd known about it years ago when I had restless legs. My knee replacements took care of my problem, but pickle juice would have been a lot easier!:rotfl: Too bad it wouldn't have helped the knees, though!
 
I was a coach for years! Dill pickle juice is a miracle worker! Some athletic trainers keep it on hand now.


TKR-Left knee: June 13th, 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Do you drink it or rub it on?
 
Drink it. Remember that it is salty so follow up with 8-10 Oz water to about 2 Oz of juice. You don't want to dehydrate yourself further. Also, use with caution if you have hbp.
 
Hey, dill pickle juice is an acquired taste! You see, you eat all of the pickles, THEN you sup on the nectar of the vine. cucumber vine, that is ! [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I am at eight weeks since my RTKR. I am wondering how long until night time pain goes away or will my knee hurt this way forever? I also have pain at the right side of my knee when I pull my leg back. It is very tight there. Will this eventually loosen up from exercise and moving my knee?
 
No it will not hurt forever, nor even for that much longer, probably.

Yes it will loosen up, keep doing the gentle stretching exercises.

It continues to get better and better. Isn't that cool?
 
You are still early in the game.... It gets better and better from 8 weeks on.... but I have to say you may have another 2-3 months of night pain.
 
Have you tried icing in bed? I wrapped two ice packs in towels, and laid one under my knee and the other on top along my leg. I kept spares in a Kool Box next to the bed with more inside, I then changed them in the night if I woke up in pain. Very soon I found I didn't wake up needing to. The pain does eventually go, but you might as well make it more bearable while you have it. By the way you will need to support the rest of your leg and foot some way, I used folded towels.
 
I am 6 weeks post RTKR and also have regular night pain and the knee stiffness/swelling others describe. My OS appointment yesterday went well. My ROM and extension coming along well. He agreed swelling/ stiffness does impact this and felt continuing with Tylenol and a night hydrocodone appropriate still. I continue to ice/elevate throughout day.
I plan to try the cling wrap suggestion in video. Thank you for sharing this. What are others thoughts on moist heat vs. ice?
Thanks!
Cindy
 
Generally speaking ice works better than heat for pain and swelling, for some heat works better.
You will have to explore what works for you, If either causes more pain, or swelling, then it is not for you. You might want to start out with heat on the back of your knee. Be careful to protect your skin from burning, from either heat or ice. Heat may require more layers of protection.
 
[Bonesmart.org] MUA at 9 months?
[Bonesmart.org] MUA at 9 months?
@martalynn, you may notice that I have merged your two threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you have questions or concerns that need an immediate answer, please tag an admin, a mod, or other members or all three.

If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, you can get it changed by posting what you want here and tagging a mod. THANKS!
 
I started getting a sharp burning pain on the outside of my knee when I stand or turn my leg. I had a few pains below my knee. Is that expected or did I hurt something?
Thanks for any help.
 
Perhaps you would tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] MUA at 9 months?


[Bonesmart.org] MUA at 9 months?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom