TKR Milosnanna's Recovery Thread<

sorry you got a tummy bug on your vacation ~ ahhhh 25C lovely weather. i think the high here in toronto today is 7C ~ have been outside with my dog (liam) for over an hour, in my winter coat and it is beautiful and sunny, with yellow leaves covering the grass. the cold has never bothered my knee, in fact, even before the surgery, it felt better outside in the cold. everyone is different ~ the weather doesn't seem to affect my joints.

i hope you're feeling better. did you stay at a beach in spain or one of the beautiful cities. i've been to portugal, but so far, not spain, but would love to see barcelona and madrid. how is the knee recovery going? take care.

I'm happy for you that your trip was largely positive! So sorry to hear about the stomach upset, but isn't it good to know that every discomfort will not be about the knee? I had a similar experience and was actually pleased that I was getting up in the middle of the night for stomach pain, and NOT because my knee was whining! (I know, I know, I'm weird.)

It's cold here in Michigan; I don't know my C's, but probably very similar to the weather in @liam2015's area. My knee doesn't seem to care. The weather that has seemed to bother me most is when there was a sudden change in barometric pressure, like a storm or going from dry conditions to high humidity.

Thank you liam2015 and polkadot for replies, I think thee are duifferent colds we have a very damp wet cold here a dry cold wouldnt be so bad I guess - well thats what hubby says.
Tried sneaking out and walking Milo last night got aay with it but paid for it with "he could have excaped you and run off and under a car etc" not oh you shouldnt be trying that with so early in your recovery? Anyway the walk went fine until he saw a cat under a car then he pulled and pulled, he was brilliant until then he seemed to know I needed to go slow, the usual walk I do wsi8th him is a downhill and then of course an uphil back home he was excellent but I have made a proimise not to do magain without someone - he is a very strong little dog.
@liam2015 we were extremely lucky to have an all inclusive deal to spain from local airport too i am m a vegetarian as is hubby but there was plenty of food for us we stayed at La Pineda Costa Dorado in a beautiful place called Estival Park it weas near some lovely places which we didnt get to visit because of my back and sickness but all in all a complete rest from cooking cleaning etc.
@Polkadot - yes I agree the back pain seemed to take away the thoughts of the knee pain, now my back is better the knee has been playing up lol - talking to a neighbour and he had a knee replacement some time ago but remembered it was a full 6 months before he felt anything near normal well Im 17 weeks so christmas is my 6 month - heres hoping it will not feel like a tight brace around my knee by then - although I am sleeping beautifully - never slept so well I do take an equate every night but will probably stop them soon.
I hope you are all feeling beter, I have recommened this forum to everyone I have met it helped me through the dark days as all of you have and I cannot thank you enough xxxxxx

Two steps forward - only one back - pain is bad sometimes nearly 18 weeks cant cope sometimes with this feeling that I have a big steel brace around my leg and my foot still getting hot if down for too long -

Keep putting your leg up. It's telling you that's what it needs. The steel brace feeling comes and goes with me, but I know it is usually worst when I've overdone things.

Remember: the knee knows; the knee rules.

Hi everyone - haven't posted for a while. Just updating. Nearly 6 months now. Everything fine, still doese not feel like an ordinary knee but I guess it won't. Still some pain but walking and driving so much easier.

Only problem is getting out of car because of the bend but that will come.

I hope everyone had a pain free Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hubby keeps reminding me of how I was at 6 weeks, 12 weeks etc., and I must say that the improvement is amazing. Sleeping all night no drugs, haven't had any paracetamol for about 2-3 months so all is good.

Started getting some pain down outside of leg where it was numb. My guess is the numbness is leaving. Hope so. Another step in the right direction.

Love to all and a huge thank you for getting me here, I really don't know what I would have done without this forum and the amazing people and people that help run this site.

Milo would also like to thank everyone as I am walking him every day now xxx

Attachments

• New Iphone 002.JPG
    New Iphone 002.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 142
Welcome back! It's great to hear your good news! As far as your numbness goes, it will probably go away in a while. There are loads of little nerves in our knees and skin and they will reattach in time!

it's great to hear from you and that you are doing so well. milo is absolutely adorable.:dogwalk:

How wonderful to hear from you, and Milo too. :doggie: The stiffness will fade over time; sometimes it will come back for a little while just to be annoying; and eventually it will be gone. :yes!:

Thank you all I am so very fortunate to have found you - |I ofen look back to my darkest days - and there you all were - i cannot imagine getting through this without you all, I remember waking in the morning and I I wanted to do was read all about your lives and you ups and downs with this horrid surgery, you all gave me strength and conviction to carry on and I am almost normal again THANK YOU from the bottom of my heartxxxx
Milo says Hi xxx

What a super uplifting post! It's great to hear how well you are doing! You go, girl!

So glad to hear you're doing well! I remember how frustrated you were. :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
rubyedith
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom