THR Metal & Cement

Being a 2nd time hippie has it's benefits, you certainly "learn" what not to do from the first!
Great update & continued healing.
 
I love your update and the five points that you highlighted! I am happy to read your follow up visit was reassuring and that you're doing so well. Fantastic for you and your grandson that you were able to keep the closeness alive.
Those snuggles and hugs are healing! I hope you're able to stay in touch for awhile longer with updates.
Your positivity is delightful and contagious. Take good care, Harryn! :)
@Harryn1
 
Hello Happy Harryn!
I hope this message finds you well and enjoying your new hip.
Wishing you continued strength, mobility and a pain-free future.
Happy Three Month Anniversary! :SUNsmile:
@Harryn1
 
Hey @Layla , thank you so much for your kindness and your message.

Indeed, I am enjoying my new hip. More every day. Yesterday I celebrated my 3 month anniversary by getting back on the bike and doing a 40km ride and having awesome coffee and banana bread with my best mates. We had the best fun. I am so blessed.

Wishing everyone who is scheduled for and has gone through these ops strength, comfort and a full and quick recovery. I have come to appreciate that recovery is not linear. And that every person has a different experience of the surgery and the recovery. The one common denominator seems to be that it’s just so scary going in.
 
What a wonderful report on your second hip!! Congratulations on your approach to recovery. You are living proof that our BoneSmarties recommendations really do work and we love hearing that.

If you have a pool, even though you might not be able to do laps, you can do water walking or, if it’s deep enough, water cycling by sitting on a pool noodle. Both are gentle exercises that are good for you. The water gives you extra support in the early months of recovery. Just be sure to build up slowly because it’s easy to overdo things in the water. Perhaps you could put that darling grandson in a floatie and push him around while you pool walk. :)
 
What a wonderful report on your second hip!! Congratulations on your approach to recovery. You are living proof that our BoneSmarties recommendations really do work and we love hearing that.

If you have a pool, even though you might not be able to do laps, you can do water walking or, if it’s deep enough, water cycling by sitting on a pool noodle. Both are gentle exercises that are good for you. The water gives you extra support in the early months of recovery. Just be sure to build up slowly because it’s easy to overdo things in the water. Perhaps you could put that darling grandson in a floatie and push him around while you pool walk. :)
Thank you, Jamie for your beautiful message.

I do have a pool, and have actually been doing a few gentle laps, but I love your idea about the noodle cycling and will give it a shot. I have introduced my grandson to the water , and he absolutely loves it. I think he will *love* our new “sport”. Here is a pic of him being super cute.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Metal & Cement
    dc6ee938-c850-459f-b213-c78af44170f0.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 34
Aaah...such a precious little sweetheart your grandson is, Harryn!
I'm happy to read that you're doing so well and enjoying life.
May 2025 be one of your best years ever. :thumb:
@Harryn1
 
It doesn’t get any better than that, @Harryn1. So sweet…..
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom