THR MEPil on the recovery side

@Elf1 thank you. I told my husband it needs to come back to me for awhile longer. I had to get up early this morning for a bathroom trip but managed ok, I was proud, this time. No since in pushing it though.
 
Had therapy this afternoon, she said I did well. I mentioned to her about being sore and stiff when I get out of bed in the morning and how sloppy I get later in the afternoon as I tire out, she suggested the walker also like you all have. I was happy to see she does and she brought that up.
 
and how sloppy I get later in the afternoon as I tire out,

Thanks for the laugh. :heehee: I love this and totally understand because I remember feeling like I got "sloppy" toward the end of the day also, early on.
It will all get better, MEPil, slowly but surely you'll get there. I hope you felt reassured after meeting with the therapist today.
Wishing you a comfy, cozy evening!
 
:hi: to our dear friend, MEPil
How are you doing? Hopefully you had a peaceful relaxing weekend.
Wishing you a good week and a Happy Thanksgiving!
@MEPil
 
@Layla thank you and the same for you. I can tell some improvements but still very sore. Today is week 4, sure hope for more improvement going forward. Still using cane and if very stiff or sore, walker when needed but have only used it a few times. Yesterday was Therapy and after I told my therapist about the soreness she decided to do massage on the area, she said it was tight and some swelling. It did seem to help. Today resting as much as possible.
 
@VSlowLife me too. I'm still numb in the area but the soreness is some better. I'm still having a big problem with energy drain too.
 
@Mojo333 thank you very much. This will be my first longer car ride to my daughter's house. Going to be interesting.
 
@MEPil
Oh how I can relate. At week 4 I was feeling so discouraged. Things just seemed stalled. But toward the end of week 5 I started feeling real improvement. I have a feeling you may have the same experience. I hope so.
 
@MEPil From what I have read from other Bonesmarties, some numbness is normal, perhaps because some little nerves get disrupted. I think as healing takes place the numbness recedes.
The energy drain, well, I think there is just so much healing going on internally, that perhaps our bodies want to spend more calories on that, rather than movement. Or at least that is a positive way to imagine it.
I have a getting better after surgery guideline. If I start cleaning the crevices of things in my kitchen with a toothpick, because they are beginning to annoy me, I am feeling much better!
 
@VSlowLife you made me laugh, you said what I've been looking around this poor neglected house looking at. I did get the bathrooms and kitchen tidied up and had to applaud myself. So many crevices to get done.
I do believe it's normal to have energy drain for awhile, I had the same situation after my knee replacement last year. I'm just anxious for my energy to return.
I just hope this numbness leaves soon as well.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom