Revision TKR Mechanical Loosening

Status
Not open for further replies.
hedgep,

I am going to be praying for a successful recovery and an end to the surgeries! You have been through so much, but you manage to stay upbeat. Keep the positive attitude and you will be "dancing" in no time! :) :angel:
 
Oh dear hedgep, you have really been through it .... I'm so sorry. I've been having trouble with my knee that was done a little over 2 years ago ... pain, swelling, and sometimes quite warm. There's a definite difference in the size of my right knee compared to the left.
So, if it's found you need a revision surgery, how do you find a "revision specialist?" How come you just don't go back to your original doctor?
I'm wearing my orthotics faithfully now, and that has really helped, but tonight I had to rub Biofreeze on it and wrap it since it hurt so much. I'll keep wearing them for a few weeks and if things don't improve, I'll have to go back to the doctor. I guess I start with my original surgeon .... would he be the one to check it and recommend a revision surgeon if that's what's needed?
Anyhow, I do wish you well ..... I think you've had quite enough ..... it's time for your knee to be back to normal. Take care,
abby :puppysmooze: :kittykiss: :kittykiss:
 
Hello BS, I think I am back among the coherent enough to send out a thanks for all the prayers sent my way during my most recent hospital stay. That said, I am doing great with my recovery so far, week one down.
Everyone keeps asking if I can tell a difference??? I wish it were that simple. It will be months before I know how this knee will work out, but for right now, it feels good, and I'll be thankful for that. Let me be clear, it does hurt, but it's surgery pain and everything is moving as it should.
The best part was that my OS did not have to remove the upper half of the replacement. He said it all aligned perfectly, so no need to disturb it, since it was snug as a bug in my femur. Thankful for that, too.
Jo, I haven't gotten an xray of the implant in my tibia yet, I will post that as soon as I can. And I don't know the name, I'll get that too.
Hope everyone is healing as expected and that those that are suffering, will find peace soon.
Blessings
hedgep
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom