hedgep
junior member
- Joined
- Mar 26, 2009
- Messages
- 62
- Age
- 72
- Location
- Richmond, Virginia
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
New problem. Been awhile since my last post, I keep thinking if I don't go to this forum, things will get better. Not so.
Back in October, 2012, my surgeon had to go back in and resurface my patella, as it was disintegrating. That was #5 through the quad. All back to healing and doing quite well UNTIL I started having a terrible pain in my tibia. Shooting pain down the bone, with substantial swelling at the joint. SO, back to the ortho for pain meds and xrays. I couldn't imagine what the deal was, then he explained that the implant had come loose from the tibia bone and was basically rattling around in there. I asked if he could just shoot some super glue in there, but, alas, no. The whole thing has to come out AGAIN. This will be the 3rd implant!! The first was just 5 years ago. Arghhhhhhhhh
I was to upset to remember much of what was said. I have an appointment on Wed. next week, where I will take my friend and husband with me.
My question is, should I wait to have this done? I am still working as a hairstylist about 30 hours a week. I am currently on 30mgs of oxicodone a day and I can already tell that I am developing a tolerance. The surgeon suggested next year, but I'm not keen on taking meds till then!! I'll have to go to a rehab center for drugs when this is all over!! I'm also worried that there will be further damage to the tibia.
Thank you ahead of time for all you do here, hedgep
Back in October, 2012, my surgeon had to go back in and resurface my patella, as it was disintegrating. That was #5 through the quad. All back to healing and doing quite well UNTIL I started having a terrible pain in my tibia. Shooting pain down the bone, with substantial swelling at the joint. SO, back to the ortho for pain meds and xrays. I couldn't imagine what the deal was, then he explained that the implant had come loose from the tibia bone and was basically rattling around in there. I asked if he could just shoot some super glue in there, but, alas, no. The whole thing has to come out AGAIN. This will be the 3rd implant!! The first was just 5 years ago. Arghhhhhhhhh
I was to upset to remember much of what was said. I have an appointment on Wed. next week, where I will take my friend and husband with me.
My question is, should I wait to have this done? I am still working as a hairstylist about 30 hours a week. I am currently on 30mgs of oxicodone a day and I can already tell that I am developing a tolerance. The surgeon suggested next year, but I'm not keen on taking meds till then!! I'll have to go to a rehab center for drugs when this is all over!! I'm also worried that there will be further damage to the tibia.
Thank you ahead of time for all you do here, hedgep



