Revision TKR Mechanical Loosening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or more likely his way of trying to put you off any legal action. So he would say that, wouldn't he? Don't you fall for it.

Nor do I buy his platitude about the misalignment. Doesn't ring true to me.
 
Well, that was certainly less than an impressive response....25 DEGREES OFF and things would still be okay??? Is he kidding? Nice of him to offer money, but I know what you really want is a knee that works! Hang in there and keep pushing.
 
One week away from surgery. I am infection free so it's a go to remove the temporary bone cement replacement with a fixed platform TKR. My surgeon is optimistic that everything will go well. He said you've been through about every complication that can happen already, so it's fair to say that I've got all that covered. haha
Please keep me in your prayers, it's been a long 3 years and I'm ready to stop talking about my "knee". I've got to get back to work and move on. God willing, this will be it.

ps. Right before this post, I had started another Thread called, UTI 3 days before surgery. I had been advised to postpone, but went ahead, as I had been on Antibiotics for a week. BIG mistake. When OS got in there I had an infection in the bone. No one thinks it was from the UTI, but, it probably would have been better to wait. But you know how it goes when you've rearranged your whole world for surgery.

This post is right before the RTKR to take out the temporary knee. Sorry about that.
 
Here's wishing you a successful surgery and hoping that things work out well hedgep.
I can relate to some of your frustation.
God Bless.
 
State of Limitations laws are also affected by "Discovery" rules. The clock doesn't start ticking until you either discovered the problem or should have discovered the problem. That being said...most states has "caps" on medical malpractice which mekes it less than profitable for attorneys to accept these cases. That is why these crappy surgeons keep doing the same thing over and over and nothing sullies their lilly white records because no lawsuit means nothing gets reported and no one ever knows! And they are especially good at trying to stretch things out to put you past the statute of limitations. But...the "Discovery Rule" could help.
 
Best wishes to you on your revision. My TKR failed early on...probably in the first 6 months, but it took three years and a new OS to tell me that my implant had come loose. Also no infection...just came loose. Had my revision a little over a month ago...femoral component practically fell right out! But I'm optimistic now...and also for you!
 
Hello Hedgep,

I wish you the very best luck with your upcoming revision. If I had the same issues as you have had, I don't think I could have the same good attitude you have shown through this tough ordeal. Good luck and and keep your spirits high.
 
You are in my prayers, my friend, and I hope this is a turning point for you. Please continue to let us know how you're doing.
 
TKR DONE!!!!!! Appears to be successful, 4th times the charm on this knee. I had my revision a week ago and everything has been better this time around. So now my biggest concern is to keep scar tissue from accumulating and my PT is on top of that.
I'll keep you updated about my progress, but so far, so good. That light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. I give God all the glory!!!!! This was riding on pure prayer.
 
Whoooo hoooo.....so glad to hear you have passed the revision and are doing well. Please do continue to let us know how you're getting along!
 
Just caught up with your thread Hedgep, really hope this surgery has solved your problems. Wishing you all the best with your recovery, keep us posted!
 
I just read through your thread from last fall and am so glad to hear that it has come to what seems to be a very good ending! Good luck on your continued recovery and a pain free life from now on! :thumb:
 
Help, the pt is KILLING ME. I can get my knee pretty straight, but the bend is enough to make me pass out.
Was wondering how others did after having a temporary knee in there for 3 months because of infection? Is it just a long,slow row to hoe?
 
Don't let them hurt you! Pain = No Gain as I'm sure Josephine and Jamie will remind you. If you read other threads you will find many people complaining that their PT hurt. You will find many others (especially us Brits) who don't do much PT but still make a good recovery.

And yes, it is a long, slow recovery but you will see improvement day on day, week on week and that will help keep your spirits up.

You need to rest, ice, take your pain medication and make it clear to your physios that you won't put up with being hurt.

You've had enough problems getting this far; you don't need to be tortured too!

Best of luck with your recovery - keep us posted!
 
Do not NOT let the PT's hurt you. Doing that causes pain and swelling which will stop your ROM improving. You must remember that you are in charge, you are paying them and you call the shots. They should take your knee to the point of discomfort and no further. If this PT doesn't comply or agree, then fire him (or her) and find one who will be more gentle with you. It is totally, definitely unnecessary for them to do that.
 
:arghh: Another PT who thinks it's OK to cause you pain! Take Jo's advice - I did and never looked back.
 
If you were basically immobile when you had the spacer in your knee, it will probably take a while longer than normal for you to get your ROM back. But slow and steady (with only slight discomfort - NO PAIN) is the watchword. Insist that your therapist follow the rules you set.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom