THR Me2 and Recovery

Great ride tonight -- a treat for me just in case I continue on course for surgery on Tuesday which leads to a sentence of not only 4 weeks of "touch weight-bearing" on right side which I guess means no driving, too? But also no sitting on anything but straight chair . . . how does one recover if not in a recliner???? But the sentence of NO HORSE BACK RIDING FOR 6 MONTHS.

But beautiful ride tonight . . . I was even able to do a great great mount . . . had Storm lined up with the mounting block and he decided to walk away just as I had foot in stirrup and lifting myself over. Well, this little lady just threw her leg up and over easy peasy WOW --- reminded me of why I put myself on the road to healthy real life!

Also, how quickly recovery time will fly . . . and how wonderful the benefit will be of maybe maybe no more hurting, aching, knife in my back and twisted walking.
 
So glad you enjoyed your ride...it sounds magical @Me2 & something you can keep with you during recovery.
Thinking of you got Tuesday & hoping you will soon be free of that nasty pain. Love & hugs. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just popping on before bedtime (here!) to wish you all the very best for tomorrow's adventures Sheryl @Me2

Keep us posted when you can,

Sending hugs from Oz :friends:
Donna
 
All the best tomorrow @Me2 ! Please keep us updated when you can. We will be anxiously awaiting your posts.
 
I've been thinking about you too @Me2 . Spinal surgery is not picnic. Hope you are comfortable.
 
Hope all went well Sheryl @Me2 & you get the pain relief you so deserve! Love Chrissie c


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow folks thank you for thinking of me and the well wishes! I had misplaced my iPhone two weeks ago and finally replaced it with new one. I thought I could take it to hospital but alas it wouldn't let me in to BoneSmart. I finally have my iPad which is logged in. So .....

But if it would be ok I think I'll switch to a new recovery thread. I could find almost nothing on iFuse recovery anywhere online. And just maybe the sacroiliac joint info and recovery will come up within this community. Actually I first recognized my symptoms from someone's post here --- another Me2 moment.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
WOW --- reminded me of why I put myself on the road to healthy real life!

Also, how quickly recovery time will fly . . . and how wonderful the benefit will be of maybe maybe no more hurting, aching, knife in my back and twisted walking.

I stopped back to this thread to whine a bit and read through some of my last posts and found the above. Yep, I need to find that patience thing. I will get to that point. I think I can...I think I can....I think I can . . .

I just woke up to Debbie @Dmcfad2 post and was reminded that healing does happen, recovery does happen, be it ever so slow. I am going to head over to the gym myself, get in the pool and be delighted as I struggle to do ten minutes of swimming! I am going to enjoy being able to.

But, first, I will indulge in a little recovery post here . . . yes, Debbie, it is almost 15 months. I hardly think about the April first hip. It feels so natural and wonderful and NORMAL. I can't wait to be back using it. I am still sorting out what of right side is right hip not right and what is right SI surgery still healing. The two overlap so much!

It is amazing, even with using the crutches now for a month and mostly using the left leg/hip, I am amazed that I have no problem on April 2014 side!!! ( @copsham I was reading that you are back on crutches with a back to square one recovery wise. I did need some sorting out on the crutches. They are a necessity but cause such problems if not used correctly. My pinched shoulder nerve hurt crazy until a PT person saw me in grocery store and took it upon herself to help me adjust height of crutches by an inch and it totally resolved issue!)

So, hip wise, I think I am still doing quite and amazingly well. I can barely remember even having a hip issue. AND it does give me hope that someday my back will feel the same! Right? :beg::unsure::ok:
 
( @copsham I was reading that you are back on crutches with a back to square one recovery wise. I did need some sorting out on the crutches.

Thank you @Me2 I feel validated!! Last week when I knew I wasn't using them right and aching all over including 5 months old hip. The physio on the phone told me that it was normal to ache and "you should be fine' I had to watch some youtube clips, found the crutches were too low and changed them. I still ached but in places to be expected rather than all over.
 
it does give me hope that someday my back will feel the same! Right?
Right! Recovery from spinal surgery is just a bear! Hang in there - progress is very slow. But you'll get there!
 
@Me2 Just checking in with everyone since my hubby just had his hip done on Friday the 26th and saw what you are going thru. Hope things continue to get better for you. I found out a few months ago that I have spinal stenosis and it hurts like the dickens so I can only imagine what the spinal surgery feels like. Love and hugs sent your way!!:console2:
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Me2
Too right Sheryl @Me2
At some time soon you will wake up & have an inkling that all is settling down & that your back pain is finally a thing of the past.....it will happen! Trying to find that patience for a third (Arrgghh) recovery must be very hard indeed....but you are strong & you will find it!
Keep us updated.....love & hugs...Chrissie xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Trying to find that patience for a third (Arrgghh) recovery must be very hard indeed....but you are strong & you will find it!

Where, oh, where??? I'm looking for strength and patience, and I can't seem to find it.
 
It will come.....you've been so strong & you will stay strong...it's what us mothers are made of!!
My back surgery proved to be fabulous...took some time & that bloody elusive thing...patience! Keep the faith honey...you can do it!!! Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Here I am 16 months from first surgery, ten months (yesterday) from second hip surgery, and almost three months from SI joint surgery!

First hip is absolutely 99.9% forgotten hip -- it feels so wonderfully absolutely not like my old worn out hip --- every once in a while, I have an aha moment, and stop and celebrate being able to walk without a thought. Yesterday, we had stopped at a neighborhood yard sale, and I was walking up hill to get back to our care, and I so suddenly noticed that I can so easily walk UP hill .. . . I don't hesitate for a moment to head down to our lower pasture to visit horses or husband in his garden worrying that I will NEVER be able to get back up the hill.

The "anniversary" second hip, eh, its about 75% . . . most of the time it feels just great then sometimes not. Suddenly with the PT exercises for my back I get more groin pain then before surgery and it just aches when I do overmuch! Therapist is doing some stretching to get some "joint space."

@Josephine, if I may ask a question of you? Since second hip surgery last October, I have had slight pinching in groin. The pain I feel now again/still is a magnification of that. Is it possible to get this bionic hip to have a little more joint space if that is what it is? I don't feel I have the same range of motion in second hip as I have always had in first hip. It still feels a bit stiff and weaker. Is this perhaps all just needing more patience with healing of SI joint surgery?

Actually, second question, in left thigh with the first 16 months ago hip, about 2/3 of way toward knee, I have been getting an increasingly more often sharp (easily an 8) pain seemingly in the thigh bone when I put step down on the leg. I'm pretty sure this would be well below where the stem from new hip parts would be, but, of course when it happens, my first thought is my thigh bone is splitting. I do know this is impossible.......right?

So far as the SI joint, I do greatly appreciate my physical therapist as she is doing wonderful to get back stretched, massaged, and lots of exercises to help me stand/walk/function straight. She says that my brain still wants to avoid putting weight on hip/SI joint, and we are retraining it that it is okay to do so. I guess brain transplant next? Unless I am very very tired, I walk nice and straight, hips even and not twisted forward. Before surgery, unless I really focused on walking straight, my right hip twisted up and forward so badly that I felt like the crooked old lady. I hurt as though I had knife not only in SI joint but also about mid back and my head, shoulder, and neck constantly hurt. All that twisting is gone most of the time.

But, over all, I am doing okay. Starting to get caught up in most aspects of my life, I am able to sit absolutely through dinner and most evenings to get paperwork done. I sleep well just a little achy with right back and right hip. Not 100% anywhere yet, but definitely getting there. Life is very good!
 
@Me2 which side was your IFusion surgery? As a person who suffers chronic back pain I would say that until you get that physio/strengthening in the SI area you will probably continue to see the stiffness. As you say - you are retraining your body to walk correctly. This can aggravate that new hip. Are you icing when you have that pain?

Let's see what Jo advises.
 
Is it possible to get this bionic hip to have a little more joint space if that is what it is?
Unlikely. You problems are more likely soft tissue in nature
in left thigh, about 2/3 of way down, I have been getting an increasingly more often sharp (easily an 8) pain seemingly in the thigh bone when I put weight on the leg. I'm pretty sure this would be well below where the stem from new hip parts would be, but, of course when it happens, my first thought is my thigh bone is splitting. I do know this is impossible.......right?
Well, highly unlikely at least. Again, it's more likely a soft tissue issue.
 
@Me2
Lovely to see an update from you albeit that you are still having some issues.
Think Jaycey is right ... The back surgery needs time to get up to full strength & probably throws up lots of aches & pains.
Also your body has had 3 hard surgeries in 16 months ....... It's getting itself back together.... In a good way.
I've had that pain in lower thigh.... Goes past my knee sometimes too.... Mine feels as if it is very, very tight & needs stretching & sometimes have a popping sensation too. I've sort of given up on the 100% of anything as everything seems to go pear shaped at different times, hips, knee & back!!!
Hoping to wake up to a miraculous pain free bod one day!
Walking up hill with no pain must be great for you & it's a positive. Hope your back recovery continues to do well.
Take care...Chrissie x



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom