Guest viewing is limited

TKR May the force be with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called OS, got appointment for 2:00 today for my right knee. I cannot hardly walk on it. Which I think is setting me back with my LTKR. Wish me luck, and I hope this will hold me until I can get my RTKR.:beg:
 
Well that shot help very little. Not sure I can wait 2 or 3 months to have it done.
 
Injections never did a thing for my knee.

I hope you get some relief somehow.
 
I'm 5 weeks out today.:yes!: Little pain on and off. I use Ibuprofen and Tylenol for pain.:chillpill: Swelling has gone down quite a bit around my ankle. It is mostly in my knee now. I still use my cane because of my right knee. It is giving me so much pain.:boohoo: It really gives me a perspective of how good my LTKR is working.:dancy:I find myself slacking on ice.:ice:I think I will need to push myself on this. I'm doing some stretches and walk quite a bit, and some house work. I have no ideal what my ROM is. I go back to my OS the 22 of June. I hope we can go ahead and take care of my left knee. Does anyone know what the best time between getting your knees done? I know people get it done at different times. Just wondered if one time is better then another.:what:
 
Well if you are having to hobble and use a cane because your other knee hurts maybe sooner than later would be best!
 
@Celle Would you check out my post? Would like to know what you think.
 
@Bilbo - my OS insisted on 6 months between TKR's. I'm having my 2nd one next week. I was ready a month after the 1st but the doc thinks you need to have the 1st one well on the road to recovery before doing the 2nd one. I know some doctors will do them sooner than that, but I'm glad I waited because the 1st one is doing awesome and I wouldn't have wanted to jeopardize that recovery. Hopefully the next one will go even better since I don't have the valgus like I did in the other one.
 
@Josephine Would like to know what you think about my last post .
 
I use Ibuprofen and Tylenol for pain.
How much of each are you taking and how often?
Does anyone know what the best time between getting your knees done?
No, there's no 'best' time. Just whenever you feel ready for it. Some people get them done together, some get them done10 days apart and from there on, any space of time.
 
@Josephine I take 2, 500mg of Tylenol 3x a day, and 2, 500mg at bedtime with Ibuprofen(200mg x 3). Which works well for my LTKR. It"s my right knee that is the problem. It does good as long as I am walking, but when I stop and stand , It"s all I can do to get it started again. The pain is in the front bottom.
 
Hi @Bilbo
As Josephine says, there is no " right time" for getting your second knee replaced. Usually, it's up to your surgeon's preference and yours. There's a lot to be said for getting them done close together, so that you essentially only have one recovery period, although that may be a little longer than for just one knee.

If your knee is still swollen, you do need to keep up the icing. Also, check that you are not doing too much in the way of walking, exercises and housework.
 
I am 5 weeks 4 days. Still have pain and stiffness, but can walk on my left knee with no pain:egypdance:. My right knee hurts so bad when I walk:boohoo:. I hope my OS will go ahead and do my RTKR. If it is as good as my left knee is right now (and it is no where near 100%) I will be a happy camper. This is a long recovery physically and mentally. I'm so glad I found Bone Smart before my surgery. I read alot of your threads and all the great information on here and it has help me so much. Even if my brain didn't listen sometimes my knee would set me straight :heehee:. Thank- you all.:prayer:
 
6 weeks today. Go to OS 22nd can't wait.
 
Went to bed last night (I took 2 Tylenol 3 Ibuprofen). My knee was like Morse Code.:oyvey:I got up walked around:walking:rubbed my knee:dubious: . I was a little late on the meds:chillpill:.They finally kicked in:happydance:. Went back to bed and sleep fairly well. When those nerves wake up they really wake up:wow:
 
I go see the OS today at 3:00. I hope he can get something done with my right knee. It has slowed me down with my LTKR. Wish me luck.
 
Best wishes for your appointment. Do let us know what happens.
 
RTKR set for July 21st. Will be so glad to get this over.
 
I'm glad you've got a date for your second knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom