THR May is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessMay. Always heard that you Seattle folks were coffee mad :) :) Sorry about the four hours of sleep- I know that problem. You're right about the healing process. It is so easy to get down about not being able to do what you'd like. But we are on "a trajectory of improvement." That's how my son described his high school grades-always made me laugh, which I guess was the point. Hope you don't fall asleep on the bus!
 
PrincessMay 4 shot latte???:shocked: :yikes: :spin: that would be me..... I had a good night last night too-- I fell asleep three times! 1:00, 2:30, and 5:30, for a total of 5 1/2 hours. But no coffee, although I have been wistfully dreaming of a bottle of frappucchino.....
LeeApril26 I love that "trajectory of improvement', gonna have to remember that:loll:
 
Trajectory of improvement is going in my little black book as an important catch phrase to remember! It might come in handy next year as they change teacher evaluations and hold us responsible for everything but the little darlings DNA!
 
LeeApril26 - Yes - I too love that "trajectory of improvement" thing.

@zauberflöte - and on Friday's I have a Free-Five-Shot-Friday-Latte. By then my husband and I have purchased enough coffee's to earn a free one - and I usually take it on Friday. Once they accidentally gave me 6 - and that was too many. Keep in mind - this is an Iced-Vente size glass, which is 24 oz at Starbucks. So I get at least 8 oz of non-fat milk and a bunch of ice which half melts when they throw in the shots. And it takes me all morning to drink it. We don't mess around in Seattle you know. Coffee and rain go together.
 
haha PrincessMay I don't care how much milk and ice and time you get, it's those SHOTS that concern me :shocked: :rotfl: I'd be in cardiac ICU by noon:rotfl:
The two times I was in Seattle, in July 2009, it did not rain either day! The mountain was Gorgeous!!!! I know it's often invisible, but what a payoff on a clear day :)
 
trajectory... What an interesting word... Could think of many uses for it here on BoneSmart! :rotfl:
 
Okay - I was getting depressed and discouraged - problems getting a good night sleep and this annoying pain in the center of my hip that won't go away. So I went to the "Library" and found the Where are you in THR Recovery. https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/where-are-you-in-thr-recovery.13960/

I just started laughing after reading the following...even though it's really not a pretty picture in my head, it made me laugh. Better now. Thanks BS!!!

"You need to consider what has been done to your hip. Your hip was sliced open; BONES WERE SAWED AND MAYBE HAD SCREWS DRILLED INTO THEM!!!; your OS and his assistants pounded and man-handled you while you were under anesthesia (they most likely were not very gentle!); things may have been glued to you, and finally---you were closed up! You have to consider what has happened to your hip---it has been surgically assaulted and it is angry. It will take quite some time for its anger to simmer down somewhat."
 
PrincessMay. Just read the whole thing. It explains a lot. I was halfway between horror and a laughing jag. No wonder I'm sore. Thanks for sharing this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom