Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy,

I am soooo happy that you do not have to deal with an infection!:yahoo:

It sounds like the implant is loose though from everything you have described, and Sandy is right, the knee will need to be replaced.

You will have decisions to make in the future if the pain continues, but we are always here to support you in your decision.:biggrin:
 
Nancy, I'm so sorry that I am just now catching up with your thread.

It does sound like this doctor is good, but I think you are wise for considering another opinion at the hospital in New York. From what I have read about that hospital, I'd say it's an excellent choice. I noted one doctor in particular that sounded interesting....Dr. Bostrom. I liked that he wrote his specialty as handing challenging cases. Had you considered him?
 
Nancy, do you have xrays you can post for me to see?
 
Not at all, Jan! We dream of people posting things like that! :wub2:
 
Glad you said that, Jo. I will be glad to share from my trove of extensive pre-op research then, when I see the need.
 
Please do, Jan. I've added this post to our Library and would love to see more like it!!
 
Hi Josephine, yes I do have xrays to upload, there is 1 that is pre 6/16/11 TKR and 2 afterwards. When I took them to 2nd opinion Dr. he could not see the 1 that was pre surgery very good-said it was hazy. So my hubby and I are going to try and upload these. But if you have a suggestion of how to do this or if it's in the "library" just lead us to it and we'll get them posted. Thanx for caring so much. Nancy
 
:thumb: But please don't use the attachments feature - it automatically reduces the image size to just a few kb which is no good to me.
 
Hey Josephine, we sent these the only way we knew how; if this isn't correct and big enough please tell us how you want us to upload them. Really hope this helps you get a "microscopic look" at my tkr. Thanks, and hope to hear from you!
Nancy

[Bonesmart.org] May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

[Bonesmart.org] May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

[Bonesmart.org] May Have Loosening Of My Implant!
 
Nancy, I'm sorry but each of those images is only 50kbs which means it pixilates when I enlarge it. It needs to be in the 1 or 2 mb range at least which you can get if you upload it via photobucket or tinypics as described in the instructional.
 
Hi Josephine,

Guess that didn't work. But would it be possible to PM you the whole disk in a zip file? The large images need the program on the disk to view. Then once you open them maybe you can look at them and post openly what you think. If we send them pm to you then no one but you sees my name and the hospital name. Hope this makes sense to you . I am really not that knowledgeable when it come to techy stuff so my husband found this other way to send them to you.

Thanks and I sure hope we get this resolved.
Nancy
 
Yes, let's try that. You'd be better emailing it to me though.
 
Morning All,
Josephine, know how inundated you must be with administering this forum, let alone having your own life-so will not trouble you but just to confirm we sent the xrays in a zip file to you last night-if for some reason you did not receive or they will not open can you let me know?
Thank you.... again!! :redface:
Nancy2
 
Nancy sorry I've been so long getting back to you. Life's been a bit frenetic!

What date were those xrays? I can see no date on them and they look pristine to me. Like they've only just been done!
Are they the immediate post-op films?
 
Oh that's ok Josephine, just got a little concerned maybe you weren't feeling well. Hope all is ok w/you. About the xrays there should be 3 sets 1) 5/25/11 -one month BEFORE the tkr 2) 7/6/11 not quite a month after the surgery-had gone in to get the staples out 3) 10/12/11 the last set taken & I went because I was still having so much pain but he couldn't see anything wrong - that 3rd one would have been almost 4 months out from my tkr surgery of 6/16/11.
I of course had new ones just taken at UPMC in Pittsburgh, PA last month, but those I don't have and will have to get them to take to New York. But that's the only ones missing. And Dr. P from Pittsburgh said the xrays looked good. Does that help you in anyway?
Ok will wait to see what ya think but....pristine, heh? That's good isnt' it?:scratch:
 
I sure do hope that the opinion of the new OS is also that the x-rays are pristine. Mine were also normal...until my OS put it up to a bright light and he saw a shadow. That prompted more X-rays in many different positions. I felt like a contortionist!
That is where he saw the loosening on the tibial component. The femoral and patellar components were 'normal' ion his films, yet loose at surgery.

I'm hoping the best for you, but if you do get bad news, we are here, and I've been there and survived!
Sandy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom