Guest viewing is limited

TKR Marie’s TKR Journey

Phew! You'll be glad you did. Strong coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice also effective!
@Mollymax!! Oh no. Its been 8 weeks too...
 
It’s just after 5am my time; got a couple hours of sleep. Will try for a nap later. Nerve block is still working; taking Dilaudid every 4-6 hours in hoping of having some on board when the pain starts.

I’m in my chair, in “real” clothes, having a cup of coffee and coffee cake. I realized when I had my last hip done that I was up early but can’t call for breakfast til 7 am. I was hungry!

I walked four times yesterday and once so far today. PT will come in and I don’t see any reason why I can’t go home later. Hoping!
 
It’s almost 5pm and I’m home. There was question about the nerve block & if it wore off. Still don’t know! I’ve been taking two Dilaudid every 4-5 hours and we wonder if it wore off and I just didn’t know it. My pain hasn’t been above a 3; not sure why but I’m sure that’ll change. I figure I may as well come home since I can take pain meds here as well and be more comfortable. We had an hour drive home and the whole leg is so swollen! I’m icing with my Cryo Cuff and both legs up on the Lounge Doctor that’s on my recliner footrest.
 
Wishing you a restful evening of icing and elevating.
 
@InkedMarie I've been looking for you! Glad to see you have done so well thus far. Great that you are on it with the pains meds and the pain is low. Wishing you comfort and good healing!
:flwrysmile:
 
Good morning BoneSmarties! I slept from 10Pm til 1:45am, bathroom & Dilaudid. Went back to sleep from probably 2:30 til 4:45. Not too bad for my first night. No pain, it’s just not easy to sleep on my back. When I woke up, I just got up so Steve can continue to sleep.
 
Wanted to pop in and say hi:wave:
And glad your home!
You sure have been through it the last few months so stay healthy, hydrated and rested!
Keep the faith @InkedMarie !:loveshwr:
 
Glad to hear your pain isn’t bad so far. Being home is the best. Your recovery on your terms, your way.
 
You might be more comfortable on your back if you elevate your legs. That’s what I have to do. And elevation is very good for your knee.

Unless it would bother your hip. I don’t know anything about hip replacement.
 
@Jockette i elevated on my Lounge Doctor! Doesn’t bother my hip at all. I’m a right side, curled up fetal sleeper. Almost 4hrs in a row was more than I thought I’d get.
 
That’s great! I was always a side sleeper but it’s been 17 months since my surgery and I still can’t skeep on my side. :bawl:
 
I should have listened to my nurse Monday night when she told me to try side sleeping. I finally did, at 1:30am and got some sleep. Weird....they didn’t elevate at the hospital. I put a pillow on the recliner footrest. The LNA was surprised that when I got up to potty the first time, I wanted to sit in the recliner. I did, from around 1pm til 9:30pm then bed. I also changed into my own clothes at 4:30am on Tuesday; hate hospital gowns
 
I’m not having the best day. No pain but I still took one Dilaudid when I got up at 5:45. I realized at 8:50 when I started getting nauseous that I forgot the Zofran so I took one. Around 9:30 I got really sick and threw up, a lot. Bless my husband, he doesn’t do vomit well but he emptied the trash can. It’s almost 1pm and I still feel a bit nauseous. Tried some soup and crackers but doesn’t taste good.

Add constipation. Surgery Monday. I took a Senna at the hospital Tuesday afternoon, Colace at home Tuesday night, three doses of it on Wednesday. Had Raisin Bran and prune juice at hospital on Tuesday, grape nuts with prune yesterday, grape nuts again this morning. I mixed 1/2 cup warmed prune juice with 3 Tbs Milk of Magnesia this morning. Still nothing. Doctors office said Mirilax, which I took at 12:15. Said one dose today, if no results do another dose tomorrow and call if I don’t “go” by lunch tomorrow.

I’m just whining.
 
Whine on! Constpation is the worst. I felt hideous. Hope your nausea is under control soon.....that‘s also no fun.

I have to thank you. I was using ice cubes in my cryocuff cuff canister, and when you suggested cool whip containers, I started freezing water in 1.5 liter storage containers. Such a great idea.

Hope everything gets back on track for you and you continue along your great recovery!
 
Back
Top Bottom