TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

Mornings are so hard. Woke up to another very stiff knee. That seems to be a daily thing. You would think it would be well rested. It makes it hard to start the day... ice and elevate before coffee. Oh well, it's a warm sunny day... I'm still breathing... life is good. Have a wonderful day everyone.
 
Another day of nausea to add to the mix. Supposed to go back to work in three weeks. If this keeps up, it's not going to happen. Feeling so defeated
 
I've been feeling off all day. Went to a staff meeting to meet our new manager. I quickly realize that it was too demanding and made my excuses and left early after an hour and a half. Tried to rest, had supper and laying low tonight. I went for a short walk around the block, just to say I did something and to apease my dog who was going crazy for her walk. No swimming or pool exercise tonight. Hopefully, I will be able to get a bit of sleep. Calling it an early night. Night all!
 
I hope tomorrow is better for you. Sounds like you're having a tough time right now. :sleep: Sleep well.
 
Is it normal to have pain in the knee cap after TKR? Seems to only occur when I've been laying down and getting up; not when I walk? Is this related to exercise or is it a complication?
 
Today is starting up much better. The leg is not so stiff. Had a decent night of sleep. Things are looking up. Have a nice day everyone. Hugs!
 
Is it normal to have pain in the knee cap after TKR? Seems to only occur when I've been laying down and getting up; not when I walk? Is this related to exercise or is it a complication?

Pains of all kinds are regular occurrences. This one could be positional. Maybe the way you slept or the position when lying down doesn't sit well with the new knee. And it could be an exercise that irritated something. New knees can be quite finicky. :groan: The good news: Such pains go away eventually!
 
Thanks SusieShoes. I've read posts where the patella was not aligned properly. I suppose it's way too soon to jump to that conclusion. I'm noticing that on a bad day, everything becomes a source of anxiety and concern. Thank goodness for the good days and the support found here.
 
At seven post operative Still get an occasional aches, and momentary “something weird”. It is all part of the journey.
 
Today is starting up much better. The leg is not so stiff. Had a decent night of sleep.
It is amazing how much a good night's sleep helps! Don't overdo today cause you feel better. Remember this journey is a rollercoaster and yoyo put together!
 
Second goid day in a row. YEAH! walking is difficult to start with but gets better. Had enough energy to get a bit of housework done and went out for supper. That's a first... the housework that is. lol. Here's hoping for a good night sleep.
 
Getting out to eat was always a treat, but I even elevated when I was a restaurant!
 
#2 good day is just the beginning! Many more are in store for you!
 
Just reading through some of the post of all you brave warriors. My heart goes out to you who are having some very difficult circumstances. I wish I could offer some wise words of wisdom or encouragement. Just know that you are not alone. Holding you close to my heart and wishing you wathever it is you need to get you through day by day. Hugs!
 
Wow! three good days in a row. Is it too good to be true? Lol At 11 weeks, my biggest issue is that I seem to be unable to increase my level of activity, even marginally, without setting myself back, so I fell like I'm not making progress. When I walk without a cane, I am still limping even when there is no pain. I feel like I have a peg leg. I'm assuming that is because of swelling and it will improve over time. I've reduced my PT to once every two weeks. It's more to track my progress than anything else. My PT is in total agreement with the Bonesmart philosophy so it's very reassuring. Hoping for another good night's sleep. It makes so much difference to feel rested. Wishing you all a good night. Hugs!
 
When I went back to teaching half days (for 6 weeks) I used a cane and continued until I walked without a limp. It will take a while for your leg to gain strength, but that’s ok. Remember, this recovery can take a full year, so rejoice in these good days at 11 weeks and know it will get better. Oh and I went back half days because I still had energy drain and leg weakness at 12 weeks.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom