Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

Absolute ditto to everything that you’re saying. I’ve got 13 months in the books, and yes, it is nice to be able to walk with no bone on bone pain.
Myself I feel like I’m 90% there, with a bit more healing to go yet
Nice going to the gym working on the stair climber machine!!!!!
 
Hello!!! Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing fantastic.

I’m on the heels of my 2 years post BTKR...feeling great. I come and read from time to time, but haven’t participated regularly...I don’t want anyone to think I’m a stalker, so I stay quiet! Ha!

I remember 2 years ago today thinking that 2/21 was my surgery date and how my life was about to change...but was really concentrating on what the challenges of the recovery would look/feel like. So grateful for my family and Bonesmart. I was so lucky to experience this very big event with such a terrific group who knew exactly what I was going through.

Since September, I’ve been taking an adult tap dancing class...such fun! I recently acquired an elliptical machine and enjoy that as much as one can enjoy an elliptical machine! I still haven’t done a Zumba class...I will.

Hope those who are about to approach knee replacement do their reading here. For those who are in the early stages of recovery, lean on this group to share. And for people like me who have been through the process, never forget this great site...this group stayed up with me when I couldn’t sleep during the first couple of months after my surgery ... everyone was so generous with their advice...thank you all.

If you’re reading and BTKR was recommended...it’s truly the best thing I’ve done in my adult life just for me. The surgery gave me my life back.

Best to you all!

With gratitude,
Marcy
 
Last edited:
How great to hear from you! Your recovery has been wonderful. What an encouragement you are to others that are on or just starting this journey.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom