Guest viewing is limited

PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not crazy, as if truth be told I think that was a common thought to be careful for fear they would pop even though you know that probably would not happen. Anyway, it is a good milestone to be able to cross off the lists that you accomplished having had your strapless removed.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sorry about that..it should read staples.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
It could be a milestone to have my strapless removed too! :heehee:
 
Ha ha @pippi,I prefer strapless :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
@71Beetle My x-rays showed that I was bone on bone just on the inner, medial, side of my knee. My surgeon said that this suggested that the arthritis was confined to just one side. On this basis, he suggested a partial replacement, although he said that until he opened me up in theatre, he couldn't be 100% certain that that was the case. If he found that my arthritis was more widespread, he would need to proceed to a total replacement. I put myself in his hands and agreed to leave the decision to him. Only a relatively small percentage of patients are suitable for partial replacement apparently. Although it is a less invasive procedure and less bone is lost in the surgery, many people on here say that the recovery takes just as long as a total. It wasn't until after the operation was over that I knew what he had done. (Although I had a spinal, I had some sedation as well.) I saw the surgeon the day after surgery and he said that the inner side of my knee was very worn, but the rest of it looked perfectly healthy. As to whether I will need a total replacement in the future, only time will tell...

I've been out for a couple of hours with a friend from work this afternoon. She was amazed at how well I was walking! That made me feel so good I can tell you.

Son is a bit more comfortable today, although he's doing very little other than resting etc. I remember those days. I'm sure he'll soon bounce back, after all, he has youth on his side!
 
@71Beetle Sorry, I didn't answer your query about my scar... I'm really pleased with how it's looking to be honest. It's about 6" long, but very neat. I'm hoping that in time it'll barely be visible.
 
Hi @Mai5ie Thanks for your response.

Nice that you got out with your friend today. I was hoping to get for a walk down the driveway (I live in a rural area) but it has been raining all day! I find i am able to bear more and more weight so will try the cane this evening.
 
@71Beetle A cane after just 12 days is pretty impressive! Be careful. I never bothered with a cane at all. I progressed from 2 crutches to 1 to nothing. I felt safer with the crutch than a cane, but I guess what suits one doesn't suit another. We've had beautiful weather here today, lovely and warm and sunny. I've been outside in the garden all afternoon with my grandson.
 
@71Beetle, hi, I have only just gone from one crutch to a cane and I am 7 weeks post op. Don't rush too much as it will just slow you down recovery wise. I am learning to be very patient since this op.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Mai5ie, we've enjoyed the nice weather here today, so lovely to have a bit of sunshine isn't it. I've been sitting in the conservatory this afternoon reading and falling asleep. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Set myself a task this morning... to wash down the blinds in my living room and clean the inside of the windows. Took me about an hour and a half. Was I glad to put my feet up after that!
 
That's impressive @Mai5ie, way to go. I went for a walk again today. Can't drive at the moment but my daughter took me out. Was out for about 40 minutes, including the walk and that was enough for me. Almost fell asleep when I got home.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
I'm not driving yet either. My '6 week' appointment with my surgeon isn't until 30th May, which will be 8 weeks post op. I daren't drive before I get clearance from him in case I'm not covered on my insurance. I do tire easily. Last week, I went to physio and promptly fell asleep on my bed when I got home!
 
Just back from my second lot of physio and I'm feeling pretty good. I walked from the hospital down into town afterwards and bought some presents for my grandson's birthday next week. That's probably the longest walk I've done for I don't know how long. It felt great to have no knee pain! My calves ache a bit now though, so feet up...
 
You are doing great Maisie! I am going to be away for several days and may not have Internet. Enjoy your grandson's birthday next week!
 
Thanks @Jozilla. My grandson will be 8 on Tuesday, but he's having a party on Saturday.
 
7 weeks and 3 days post op. It's lunchtime now and I've just realised that I haven't taken any pain meds this morning! I'm feeling great.
 
@Mai5ie Hello there. I have seen you on several threads and would love to get to know you a little. I see you are on @clowny14 thread, so I thought I would stop by. You are about a week ahead of me. Sounds like you are doing well. I have okay days and then days that are not at all okay. The storms, and we have had many lately really fire everything up for me. I love to see all the different ways people from the UK say things. A Lot of times I don't know what it means. I ask at times, and other times I feel too silly to ask. I wish for you a wonderful day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@hopefaith Hi, nice of you to stop by. I feel as if I'm doing really well, I'm improving all the time. It's really interesting to read about everyone's experiences. The way people say things is really interesting I agree; even in the UK, different regions have different words for the same thing. I live in Wales, after being born and brought up in England. Some of the sayings and phrases here I'd never heard before!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom