PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!
 
@kneeper I clicked on new posts and scrolled through pages and pages of them... there's no sign of this thread. The only way I can access it is to go to knee replacement/forums/recovery area. Whenever someone comments on any other thread, it appears under new posts in minutes. Why not on mine? What am I doing wrong?
 
Mai5ie

I am glad that you are doing great. I recently had both my knees replaced and had that dead weight feeling for a while with both legs. The best invention they ever gave me in the hospital was the invisible dog on a leash. I first saw this device at carnivals when I was a kid. Kids would be walking around with this stiff leash and a hoop on the end pretending that there was dog on it. When I went to the hospital, they had them there and I related my childhood experience of first seeing this device. If you can get your hands on one, it is a great tool to move your leg around with minimal exertion and stress, especially when you have to put your leg over the edge of the bed. It lets you have a sense of freedom, not having to constantly rely on someone to hold your leg or stretch your back out grabbing the bottom of your pajamas to move the leg. The legs dead weight will end, but it takes a little while. I am glad that you are progressing and keep up the great work. The battle wound looks great. Best of luck. P.S. I too have found this site extremely cathartic. It allows you to speak to people who have been through the same trial and tribulations. Sometime when you are talking to people, even doctors, who have not experienced the problems you have, they just don't understand and say that you aren't communicating it properly to them. I have had numerous knee operations, since I was a kid, as well as knee injuries and it is sometimes lost on the professionals that you talk to because you don't have a piece of paper. I try to explain to them that I may not have a piece of paper, but I have 40 years of practical experience dealing with my knees. That is why a site like this is great for venting your frustrations and receiving some informative opinions and marvelous encouragement. I wish you the best of luck in your continued recovery.
 
testing, testing
 
@Gentle Giant Thanks for your words of wisdom. I know the device you mean, unfortunately the hospital couldn't find a spare one for me to bring home! I'm improvising with a long scarf!
 
ok, my test took a couple of minutes to show up on the "New Posts" but it was there. I don't know why you have had trouble. I always go into the Recovery or Pre-op lists of posts on the knee side, so I hadn't noticed anything. You might check the "How to use the forum" page for more tips.
 
Your welcome Mai5ie. I am glad that you are able to improvise. Maybe you can get one at a local carnival. Good luck with your recovery.
 
Hi @Mai5ie, I am using a crepe bandage they have given me in hospital. That works well. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
@kneeper I've read everything there is to read on the 'How to use this forum'. I can't see any reason why my posts don't appear on my 'new posts' page. Is it possible that they're visible to everyone else but me?
 
I think that's correct Maisie. At least mine own do not show up as new but I use an iPhone most of the time. I don't know if it makes any difference though.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I'm 9 days post-op now and feel things are going pretty well. Walking is becoming a little easier, even though bruising and swelling are still something of a hindrance. I'm icing and elevating as often as I can. District nurse called today to give me my last blood thinning injection in my stomach, the next visit, next Thursday, will be to remove my staples.
 
11 days post op and feeling great! Knee feels a bit 'tight', but I'm really pleased with how things are going so far. Had lots of visits from friends... my living room is beginning to resemble a florist's shop!
 
Staples came out this morning and wound is looking good. Have been experiencing some calf pain in the last 24 hours, nurse was concerned so she called the doctor out. Doctor is now trying to organise a scan asap...
 
Can't fault the speed at which the medical professionals moved today... nurse came out at 11am, doctor arrived by 1pm and an ultrasound scan was arranged for 3pm! Fortunately, all is well. There are no blood clots; pain I'm experiencing is just muscular. Better to be safe than sorry though.
 
Glad everything turned out ok and you have no blood clots. I had a ct scan right the day after surgery as my blood platelets were low and they thought I may have had blood clots. I can't even remember doing it! Hope you have a great weekend and lovely Easter.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
So glad for you to be post surgery now and moving along with your sons support as well. Wishing you well in the days ahead. This is my fifth week post op and I find it always so helpful to read about how other
"partials" are doing. Welcome again to the ranks and you are not alone. Take care.
Pippi


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Good to know they were right on top of it and it's ok.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom