Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

Yay for the great report! I'm still have trouble side-sleeping. :bored: I was just telling Mr. Shoes, who suffers in bed along with me, that side-sleeping is proving to be my last milestone before I consider myself healed. Hope you get there before me, truly. Sounds like you, and your lovely new knees, are doing wonderfully!
 
So here I am six week check up and all is well! Dr is very pleased with my right knee and would like to see a little more progress with the left ( still at 90,0). She would like to put me on gabapentin for the nerve pain in my shins. It keeps me up at night. Other than that, I'm walking every day without any aids and back to doing all my regular chores. I have 12 weeks of leave available before going back to work and I plan to take advantage of it as my work is factory work and I know I don't have the stamina at this point for it.
 
I think it's wise to take the time you need, especially if you're on your feet all day.
 
Yes, on my feet ( cement) lots of stairs and ladders and carrying tools so everyone, doctor, PT, and husband are all on board with me waiting! My biggest concern at this point is just my energy level. Seems that I am good for 2-4 hours but then I need a nap, elevate, ice. I think if I could just get a good night sleep, it would do wonders in that department. Hopefully, calming this nerve pain down will help with that.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom