TKR Macknit's recovery thread

Fingers crossed!! Warm/safe and cozy is exactly what I'm hoping for. We so far have about 12 inches of snow...30 cm.....and another day of snow is coming. :dubious: not sure what I'm going to do since I've used up most of my leave for recovering. Driving home tonight was a bit tense!
 
Be safe!

[Bonesmart.org] Macknit's recovery thread Izzy xx
 
Oh my goodness. I pray for your safe and uneventful travels.
 
OK...the snow finally stopped! Beautiful, but treacherous.... my 35 minute drive took 1.5 hours! Not sure why they didn't close the office??? Maybe they gave us too many snow days back in February when we had a huge deposit (about 24 " over 2 days!)

Oh well, time to think about how grateful I am to be at home, safe and waiting on some of my crew to arrive in the morrow!

@Helizabug I hope you're resting well tonight and your recovery is beginning on a positive note!

Blessings to all!
 
Glad to hear you got home safely yesterday - Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving today xxx
 
@Macknit glad things are working so well! I am truly amazed you were able to make the journey into your office with over a foot of snow and treacherous road conditions. You are MUCH braver than me, woman! You are becoming my role-model!

Please continue improving and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your crew!!

:loveshwr:
 
Not sure if it is brave or just a tad off! :nah::nah: I honestly used most of my leave time for my recovery and want to have Christmas week off with my family because all 13 (6 children, 3 spouses, & 4 grandchildren) will be here and that week will be even more crazy than me and snow!!!

It has been a wonderful Thanksgiving, but I AM Icing and Elevating at this moment...
 
OK didn't we just have Thanksgiving!! My two military sons are arriving at the end of next weeks...Yikes!!! We only have half of the Christmas decorations up and I have soooo much to do! I'm not sure where to begin... I still need my I & E time :what:! Welcome to the "hectic" time of year!?

The snows are now slushy messes that ice over every night so negotiating has been tricky. My PT even told me...no walking in the snow for exercise!!! Oops, it was perfect over the weekend the dry crunchy type that makes walking easy. So...for now I'll confine myself to the shop and the elliptical. We don't have any more snow predicted for a week or so....I guess I'll just have to play this by ear.
 
I've been off doing "babysitting" with twin 4-year-old grandchildren (a boy and a girl)...I was concerned because at the end of the week I'm always more tired and still had to work Friday! It worked out pretty well, but my grandson was so funny, he kept dropping one of his small toys then he'd say can you bend Gram-ma? I kept explaining that I could bend, I just couldn't kneel yet.... then I'd pick up the toy....multiple times. I still don't think he gets it! Or maybe I didn't get that he was intentionally messing with me :rotfl:!?

Knee has had an off week, more tender and a bit more swollen. I just think it doesn't like even every day activity either!? I'm trying to I&E regularly, but this time of year it's hard to make time to sit down. I'm working on myself to pace the tree decorating that has to start this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets the rest that's needed in their recovery!
 
Or maybe I didn't get that he was intentionally messing with me
Oh yes, I bet that little boy was having a ball watching you pick up that toy over and over!

Babysitting those twins and working is probably why your knee is more angry than usual. It's still a baby and needs lots of downtime. Try to get some extra rest this weekend.
 
A gramma's work is never done. Someday soon I hope our knees will stop whinging about it all. lol
I agree, he was almost certainly messing with you. 4 year olds are always a bundle of mischief.
 
intentionally messing with me
NO doubt about it lol :-) sounds like he has his grannie well and truly sussed.
This will be his new favourite game but look on the bright side your getting your exercises too lol.
You sound like a "wonderful" grandma your kids are lucky to have you xxx
 
Thanks @Sara61! I love my grand babies and being a grandma...we do have fun!!

Oh-oh...I had to look up sussed! :loll:and yes, you are absolutely right! he did have me truly sussed!! And it was a new way to get my exercise!!
 
@sistersinhim yes, I do think I'm just overdoing everything. I'm taking today off from my walking, since the tree is only partially complete and I will have to climb a ladder for the top part! I really don't know how to slow myself down and on top of the busy week, I definitely overdid the Saturday walk, Costco shopping and helping DH clean out my car for a thorough sprucing up!!

I had my first wake up with knee pain in about three weeks....sometimes I just get stuck in a place that I can't return from (like Costco! And DH even did the larger part of it for me!) I am going to conquer this ODIC!! Since so many of my crew are returning for the holidays, I'm just going to have to put them all to work! DH is quite the helper, I'll give him that, but he still wants me with him for many of his projects :friends:he is not a loner, that's for sure!! Oh well, I'm taking a break from the walking, which is a good move and hopefully I'll recover from this set back a tad quickly.

Onward and upward!!!:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
 
I think at Christmas we ( mainly women) tend to overdo it- pre my op it was the worst time of the year for me, again now I'm feeling like I've done too much and it's only the 8th... My knee is not happy in fact my DH gave me a telling off today lol.. said I was overdoing it and to remember it's only 2 months post op :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom