Guest viewing is limited

TKR Lynnallison175 recovery thread

@Lynnallison175

I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through this! I hope you were able to make it to the doctor and get treatment!
Please keep us posted!

Jen
 
Going to the Dr's office tomorrow morning, just to get it looked at for my own level of comfort. Thanks for your wise counsel.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
I am also glad you are going to the doctor. Better safe than sorry. Praying all is well.
 
Very good decision!! Sending good thoughts your way.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I'm glad you're going to the doctor. Do let us know what he/she says.
 
I saw another Dr in the practice this morning (mine was in surgery). He assured me the blisters were an unfortunately normal side effect of TRK. The pain I was feeling was the fluid accumulation inside my skin surrounding my knee. The burning and stinging are the nerves being regenerated in the new skin growth. The are no infection signs or symptoms. He gave me a solution to cover up and protect the new raw skin. A touch of Vaseline over the spots and then to cover the area with oil based non sticky dressing pads. Then to cover the entire area with an ace wrap. Then put the ice cuff over the area. I tried it as soon as I got home and am already beginning to feel some relief.

You guys have talked me off the edge over the past couple of days. I was reminded that I am my own best advocate regarding my health. Thank you for encouraging me to into the office and be seen rather than continuing to call in.

If any BoneSmarties are looking for an OS surgery practice in the Metro Detroit, MI area, let me know. Mine is awesome. I got some sleep this afternoon for the first time in 2 days, once I knew my leg wasn't going to fall off.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
I am so glad you went to the surgery and got some help, advice and relief. :yes!: :) :yay:
 
Im very glad to hear that you got reassuring news. Hope you have a great and restful rest of the day. Its always good to get reassurance. Our minds can take us down some dark alleys if we let them!
 
I am glad you got the care that you needed and are now able to use the ice to get some relief.
 
Yay!! I am so happy for you, Lynn. I bet you rest well tonight. :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I got some sleep this afternoon for the first time in 2 days, once I knew my leg wasn't going to fall off.
That made me chuckle as it reminded me how easy it is to imagine these things out of all proportion!
Glad the forum at large was able to help you. That's what it's all about!
 
Good morning. I had my two week check up yesterday. The surgeon is pleased at my progress. I was at 90 degrees when I left the hospital, now he had me at 85 degrees. I told him I had not done much beyond the basic exercises due to dealing with the blister. He was ok with that.

Speaking of blisters. Mine has dried out and scabbed over; most of the scabs have fallen off and the pink spots will fade within the next six months.

He released me to begin PT next Monday. So excited for that. I am ready to move on the next phase of my recovery, physical therapy.

I also wanted to thank all of you again for your kind words and encouragement when I was dealing with the blisters. It is so true that no two recoveries will be alike. My first one last year, was textbook. This one started crazy from the day of the surgery and forward. Now, I keep in the back of my mind, expect the unexpected and trust the process.

Happy Halloween.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
I'm glad to hear that things are going better and that your surgeon was happy with your progress.
Thank you for letting us know.
 
Hi fellow Bone Smarties. I haven't posted in a minute, but I'm back to work and life after being off work after TKR #2. I have a question for all.of you. I'm having almost constant lateral pain in my left knee, most recently replaced in October 2016. It's just a dull ache that never goes away. When I left PT, my flexion was 132 and my extension was 0. I'm getting around so much better, but this lateral pain is causing me some stress. The knee joint is still warm, not hot and swollen. Any ideas? Thanks and good night.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
 
If you haven't tweaked the knee look at what may have changed in your recent routine. Chances are something you're doing has irritated the knee and it's letting you know. If the knee is warm it usually means it's still healing.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom