TKR LTKR on June 23

Yes, sounds like you need a few days of rest Jo Wo! Good luck with your check up.

postop went well but the ride there and back was a bit grueling. The prineo dressing is gone, he said there are layers of dissolving sutures in there. Answered a few questions I had about resuming my vitamins and how to get off the oxy, although he said since I was less than halfway through the first rx for that he would definitely write a refill for another 42 pills if needed/wanted.

It’s so hard to sleep, isn’t it? I’m not able to fall asleep any earlier than 1:00am, but then I can’t get out of bed until nearly 10:00am . I’m glad I’m able to work from home around my schedule, but honestly, I might be able to put 3 hours max of productive work, if that. Hopefully next week gets easier! Wishing you a great recovery!

thanks Elllie, I don't think I could work much in this condition, I hope your productivity hours increase soon.

my knee is so swollen from the car ride to the doc and back. glad I have one last celebrex left to take tonight. got it propped up high with the ice cuff on it

Hi Ellie,
I'm 4 weeks out, have tried to sleep in the bed and my knee is so sensitive that I can't stand anything touching it.
It's been 4 weeks on the couch snoozing while watching TV all night. Sleeping pills don't work.
I am not in much pain.
It's in the head ,lol.

day16: whew, that was probably my worst evening yet after the swelling from the ride to and from the doctor. managed to get it calmed down with ice and el before falling asleep. no oxy required. The good news is I can sleep on my side for short periods of time now! I will try not to aggravate it today.

my knee is so swollen from the car ride to the doc and back.

I will just go through my exercises one at a time whenever I am up for a walkabout
After your bad night, I think you should not do any exercises today. Just walking around is enough exercise for it. Your poor baby knee needs a day of rest. Early in my recovery I would have a big day and then just ADL, (activities of daily living), the next couple of days. This helped to keep my pain and swelling under control.

Agree! Rest up today and maybe even tomorrow! You won’t lose ground. Glad the dressing is gone - one more milestone!
For all you folks who can’t sleep, read my thread and see my struggles, BUT the good news is that sleep is finally returning so there’s hope for you all!

Agree! Rest up today and maybe even tomorrow! You won’t lose ground. Glad the dressing is gone - one more milestone!
For all you folks who can’t sleep, read my thread and see my struggles, BUT the good news is that sleep is finally returning so there’s hope for you all!

Where do I find your thread regards to sleep? I'm not big on computer. Thanks

You can always call and her to not come. You can do your ADL and that will be all your knee needs ever! As you use it naturally, it will return to normal.

the only thing about ice with me is it brings on the zingers. that's when I take a brief break

Question: how long before you could use a vacuum cleaner. I have central vac that I use on the first floor but the long hose could be a hazard, or maybe I could use the Dyson stick vac in ten minute spurts....my upright vac that I use upstairs is a bit heavier. I guess I should at least be off the cane to use any of these?

I would think you shouldn’t do it will on the cane, though I’m sure some have done it. Be very careful. You don’t want to fall.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back