TKR LTKR on June 23

ski-bum, my thread was titled A New Day. You can put it in the search box on top of the page.
 
My husband wouldn’t let me vacuum for months. I had no problem letting him do it, however infrequently he did. I am certainly not a slob, but neither am I a houseworkaholic! :heehee:
 
ski-bum, my thread was titled A New Day. You can put it in the search box on top of the page.
I use the android app for bonesmart, and it doesnt have a search feature that I can find....also no way to upload photos
 
I don’t use an app, I come to Bonesmart via the internet.
 
Since I have four cats who track litter everywhere, I actually used my stick vac to ”hit the high spots” as my Mom used to say about ten days post surgery. My technique was to move slowly and stable myself with my cane only reaching about 2 feet at a time with the vacuum. The key is SLOW and not to overreach. When I got close to the chair in the room, I sat and vacuumed sitting down!! Where there’s a will … and cat litter … there’s a way!
 
@FourCats. interesting advice about overreaching. I found some videos about tai chi /qi gong after knee surgery and it said to do a few very easy movements pulling the range in to just a gentle rocking forward and back. the instructor said that for uninjured people he recommends 70% of range but you start at 10% of range when injured, do the move a few times and check in with your knee.

I think it showed some gentle ways to warm up the knee with these little motions that are probably much easier than matching in place.
 
DAY17: after 48 hours of resting up from the postop checkup ride setback...I am able to get a few revolutions on the recumbent bike for the first time. immediately hopped back up onto the bed to ice it down again though. I plan to step up the ice and el now that I am off the 14 days of celebrex.
 
You are doing so well, Jo Wo! I wasn't able to do a full revolution on my stationary bike until week 6. That was the turning point in my recovery, everything got significantly easier after that.
 
how long before you could use a vacuum cleaner.
I bought a Roomba to help me out with this. When I needed to do a bit more, I did a lot of it sitting on my rolling walker, that way I wouldn't have a chance of falling.
 
postop went well but the ride there and back was a bit grueling. The prineo dressing is gone, he said there are layers of dissolving sutures in there. Answered a few questions I had about resuming my vitamins and how to get off the oxy, although he said since I was less than halfway through the first rx for that he would definitely write a refill for another 42 pills if needed/wanted.
Glad it went well ..my first car journey today - it was thankfully short and I had a bite of lunch out- which was lovely x
Jan x
 
DAY18: a bit of sleeplessness from 3 to 4 am, but slept 2 hours after that for a total of 7 hours. pt coming today so I will take a nap after that. knee looks less swollen and feels cooler this morning. My biggest gripe is these surgical stockings. I am sure that they aggravate the burning pain on the medial side that plagues me later in the day. also, my good knee is not happy since we stopped the celebrex. I am going to wear a more supportive sneaker today with my custom orthotics in. been wearing skechers go walk slip ons with a light arch support since surgery, but I can tie my laces now.

I want to see if the orthotics bother my good leg or help the mild ankle pain I feel there. I have bad arches plus an offset in the angle between my forefoot and rear foot on both sides. The orthotist is a pt who does a full workup, it may be time to email him and tell him about the surgery to see when is the best time to get refitted.
 
I’m glad I didn’t have to wear the stockings. My OS uses the inflatable compression bands which I wore whenever I was sitting down or in bed.
 
Hey

disturbed sleep is really getting to me .. I think I wake up due to sleeping on my back and not moving at all, so I’m really stiff. So miss sleeping on my side .
I also wear sketchers( I eventually found ones that don’t make my foot swell up like a balloon ) my heels get sore though as I'm on them when sitting with my legs up or on my bed .. going out for my 7 min walk later today
My physio is going ok I think . Hardest one is the heel slide but Im sure we all feel the same lol

I’m still not in the best place in my head but won’t go into it again with you guys! Im getting a rail fitted at my back door so at least I can confidently get in and out and sit in the lovely fresh air
Enjoy your day
Jan x
 
Jo Wo, yes, those stockings can give you fits! How much longer are you required to wear them? Are you planning on getting the other knee replaced? Glad the operative knee is less inflamed today. Baby steps in this lengthy recovery.
 
about two more weeks with the stockings @Sisterpat
I think the other knee has looked better on the xrays. I will ask the doc at my next checkup. I suspect it has a bit of shelf life left on it.

the other factor is that I was told to hold off on supplements til I am off the aspirin in two weeks. I was taking glucosamine, tart cherry, ginger, megared krill
and my good knee might calm down once they are back in the mix.
 
Back
Top Bottom