Guest viewing is limited

TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

I don't have fibromyalgia but I have had burning on the lower part of my leg. Fro what I understand it can be caused by nerve regeneration. Some have gotten help with it by a prescription for gabapentin which can help.
I hope you feel better soon.
 
Thanks @newlybionic. I did talk to my surgeon and my PCP but they are reluctant to prescribe it because of other meds I'm on. It does seem to ebb and flow and now that I can wear shorts it's not as bad. I was just wondering if my reaction was aggravated because of fibromyalgia. Probably just part of the healing. Thanks.


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Suz! I should not complain. I've actually done really well. Your journey has had more roadblocks yet you are always cheering everyone on and do upbeat!


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know what you are going through because I have that burning pain also. I pray yours disappears really quickly.
 
Thanks @sistesinhim. It is annoying dine I think if it would stop I could think about something else. I'm so tired of thinking about my knees because they are always sending my brain messages! I hope you find relief as well! Thank you for your prayers.


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Creek Lady I understand the desire to stop getting brain messages that remind you of your knees! I think my messages are more at night when I'm trying to be still and settled! We can look forward to a time when we can get up, move, and get on with life without thinking of the knees!:goodpost:
 
I wish we could channel our nerves- mind over matter! Nevertheless it helps to know we are in this together! Thanks for your commiseration.


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That is a really interesting question @Creek lady. Having just lightly banged my 3 1/2 year old right knee on a car door the other day with excruciating results, I wonder. I was diagnosed with fibro about 7 years ago but never made a connection. But then your knees sound more sensitive that what I experienced. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has experienced the same as you.
 
@NightQuilter. I was hoping to generate more of a conversation about fibromyalgia and our pain response. I don't think about the diagnosis until I have some unexplained pain. Thanks for chiming in!


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I did a search on fibromyalgia and there were a few conversations from the past that popped up. I don't know why I did not think of searching before! There seems to be some agreement that is causes more problems but it is very individual. Interesting.


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was thinking about pre-knee replacements and how hard it was to sleep. One night I actually got up and wrapped my knee in bubble wrap thinking it might take some pressure off. LOL! It did not work!

I am finally sleeping all night. I have even progressed to some side sleeping. Goes to show- all in good time!


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes I'm back on my side now and loving it so much @Creek lady! Every single night when I turn up on my side I smile and feel so thankful! Glad things are improving for you!
 
@Suz. Side sleeping is the bomb! Who knew how some small things become so important? LOL! Glad you have also found dome relief.


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We took my granddaughter to the Buffalo Zoo today. I walked for the longest distance since last November! Almost 2 1/2 miles according to my app. Icing and elevating right now but I'm also feeling proud of myself!


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That sounds wonderful for you and your granddaughter. And you should be proud! You're only 3 1/2 months from your last surgery. How encouraging that is for those of us behind you. We might not get there as fast as you, but it is in the future for all of us!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
Back
Top Bottom