MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

@Jockette, believe it or not, I didn't stop much. The first day, I drove 3 hours and stopped for a little less than an hour for lunch. Then I drove an hour, stopped at a grocery store to walk around and get a snack(10 minutes) and then drove the rest of the way, about 4.5 hours, without stopping again. The second day, I drove 3 hours, stopped for lunch (1 hour), drove another 2 hours, stopped for gas(10 minutes), and finished the trip with a final hour and a half.

The top keys for me were sitting as high as I could raise the seat in the SUV, so it was more like sitting in a chair; using cruise control so I could move my legs around frequently; and the long lunch hours, which allowed me to work all the kinks out.

I didn't have to ice or elevate either night. We'll see if I can repeat the process to go home! (Thursday and Friday driving). I just found out we're flying to Denver on Sunday for DH's entomology/extension meetings. He's receiving a national award so wanted me to go, too. Other than the award session, I'll probably be wandering around, or maybe even painting(!) while he's in his meetings. I thought the trip was several weeks away, and although we'd talked at one time about me going too, I hadn't heard anything about it so thought he'd changed his mind. Guess I'll find out next what works for me in air travel! Stay tuned for the full report. WE're going Sunday and flying back Wednesday, I think
 
So very glad the trip has gone well and hope your legs will do a repeat performance for you on the way home. I'm glad you'll have a day of rest on Saturday before the Denver trip - but how nice for Mr. Polkadot to receive such an award and for him to want to share it with you. Keep us posted on the travel. Yea!!
 
I’m glad your knee did so well on the drive! I have a long drive coming up, too, so was wondering about how often I should stop.

Congratulations to your husband on his accomplishment!
 
Just look at you @Polkadot, flitting hither and yon, by car and soon plane! You've emerged from the tkr chrysallis to become a vibrant butterfly! Kneerah!

Congratulations to Mr. Polkadot on receiving such a prestigious award!
 
once again Polkadot ~ that is amazing how you did that long drive with no serious repercussions. i'm thinking i should have got the VW S.U.V. rather than than the Golf Sportwagen ~ i used to drive a minivan and it was so comfortable. have a good flight and a super time in denver and sincere congratulations to mr. polkadot receiving the award.:thumb:
 
You aced it! Love the long lunch. I'll never get Mr. Shoes to do long lunches on the road, even if the stop is scenic. What a perfect way to take a long drive, though, especially with knees that need the break.

Hope you enjoy Denver. It's a great city --and very nice airport-- so you and Mr. Polkadot should have a wonderful time celebrating his achievement!
 
Wow! You have become a long distance traveler in a short space of time. Good on you and good on Mr Polkadot for his award. Sounds like Denver will be a pleasant sojourn!
 
Thanks, everyone! Just one little glitch to report--Mr Polkadot, being the absentminded scientist that he is, actually booked our flight for Saturday instead of Sunday. He may not even know this yet! I just opened the itinerary he sent me a while ago and discovered it myself. So I will have no wiggle room driving home, and a very quick turnaround. I'll have to tell him when I talk to him soon that he'd better not wait till the last minute to do laundry! I won't be home to handle that kind of thing. :yahoo:
 
Does he do laundry? My husband might be able to figure it out. You better wash what you have with you while you’re at your mom’s!:heehee:
 
That’s great you won’t have to unpack and repack!:loveshwr:
 
hahaha - had to laugh at the absent-minded Mr. Polkadot! Sounds like your knees behaved like champs! Safe travels home and hope the quick turnaround goes well for you. Glad you can go to support DH getting the big award. I just got home from my girls weekend in Arkansas. The only thing I noticed that is less desirable than driving is that when flying there tends to be more standing around in lines (security, gates, luggage) which my knee does not like; but I expect you will do fine!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM


It's been great hosting @Polkadot's visit to her family. She's quickly become extended family! I hated to see her leave this am. :bawl:
Safe travels, my friend! You are a super Smartie!
 
Great picture you two! Thanks for sharing @Thesoutherncook. How nice that you could have a visit - and the fall colors are outstanding. Safe travels Polkadot!!
 
what a wonderful photo of the 2 of you and that spectacular background. i have also met 3 online friends in person, one i met on a "y&r" chat group and the other 2 on a cancer support group, 2 in the u.s. and 1 that lives in the same small town as my son. @Polkadot ~ have a safe and as comfortable as possible drive home and then onto another adventure.:flwrysmile:
 
Just wow! I keep admiring the two of you looking so happy... and then my gaze gets mesmerized by those beautiful, fall-colored mountains. What a lovely setting. So happy you two were able to get together!
 
So great that @Thesoutherncook and Polkadot could meet! And what a beautiful setting! Enjoy Denver, Polkadot - be sure to let us in on your adventures.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom