MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

@sistersinhim, I'm glad you mentioned cruise control. DH uses it all the time, but I tend not to think about it. I'll definitely give it a try.

@Fire wolf, I drive a mid-sized SUV, which has great, comfy seats. It's actually the first thing I checked when we looked at it, and the main reason I agreed to buy it! The seats are adjustable in many ways, and I can sit up high like sitting in a chair, which is probably the most comfortable way with the TKR. But as you suggested, moving around, doing some exercises, etc, can help, and I can lower/tilt the seat to change positions, stretch out my legs a bit, etc. Definitely the car is more comfortable than a budget airplane seat! I'm short, but my legs still have trouble when people recline their seats in front of me. If flying just entailed the distance and time in the air, it would be one thing, but having to wait around at the airport for two hours, after driving an hour, and then have another long drive afterward, just isn't worth the security of being taken care of rather than driving myself.
 
Thanks, @Pheebs52! I do remember some of the details of your trip, but I forgot you took along a mattress topper. That might be in the cards for me, and I certainly couldn't do that if I was flying. That would make me more comfortable during the visit, as well as along the way. I may check out one of those ice bags. I would have time to order it from Amazon.

Thanks, everyone, for your caring thoughts about my mom losing her sister, my aunt. She was a great person and had a long life.
 
Just be safe and feel secure about whatever decision you make. Your Mom will not want to feel she caused you considerable pain and agony. But I know she will welcome having your company during her time of grief.
 
I hope you have a good, safe trip @Polkadot - we'll look forward to hearing how it goes. I have a long drive and flight next week but I think all should be good at this point in recovery. I'm glad you are able to do this trip to support your mom.
 
Taking some scenic routes whenever possible is really a great plan @Polkadot! I’m fairly certain I can drive from Boston to Canada all on back roads if I so choose and we often do choose more backroads to alleviate highway boredom. Both Mistah and I are into photography and have been for years. I almost always use trip photos as the basis for paintings. [emoji4]

With a comfy car, the right supplies and a spirit of road trip adventure I am confident you will ace this trip.

Wishing safe travels to both you and @kmak81230! M



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, @Pheebs52, I'm starting to get excited about getting some photos. It looks as though I'll be leaving on Friday. Pray for a rain-free day for me! I don't mind overcast; sometimes that is great for capturing the color saturation.

Where do you go in Canada? My DH and I are "honorary Canadians." We seem to have more good friends there than we do here!
 
@Polkadot, agree on cloudy days for color saturation. I'll refrain from doing any rain dances this week to ensure you of dry travel. My knee will also thank me as well since I've discovered it really doesn't care to dance as yet; hah!

We haven't driven to Canada in recent years, but when we have in the distant past, it was to Montreal and Quebec City. I loved both for very different reasons. One of these days, I will get on the ferry to Nova Scotia!
 
May you have great weather and lovely scenery on your trip! Your mother will be overjoyed to see you.

Every so often, Mr. Shoes vows to retire to Canada (Halifax) but always backs off because it gets cold and lots of snow. We absolutely love that country. Nicest people! We enjoy our cruises to Canada more than the ones to the Caribbean. :ok:
 
@liam2015, yes, I got here yesterday about 7 PM. The drive both days went well, in terms of the knee! Yesterday, when I was going through the mountain passes (Kentucky to Tennessee), there was heavy fog and rain, with stop-and-go traffic almost like being in a city. So yesterday's drive was quite a bit longer than it was supposed to be.

I'm feeling flush with achievement that I was able to drive about 8 hours each day (including stops for lunch and gas, so about 7 hrs actual driving) and not have to elevate or ice either night!

I saw my mom today for several hours. When I left her apartment, it was snowing! Didn't expect that at this time in Georgia...
 
I’m glad you did so well on your trip, I was thinking of you!
 
I'm so glad you are getting this time with your mom and that your knee is behaving itself. Knee-rah for you, Polkadot!
 
Kneerah for you and your knee!!! So glad you made it safely and your knee did so well! Have a great visit!
 
So happy to hear you made your trip safely and that your knees performed well! Hope you continue to enjoy a lovely visit with your mom. But snow already. :unsure:
 
wow, just the drive alone is a huge achievement, but driving alone all that way, still recovering from knee replacement surgery, not ideal driving conditions and you did so well ~ fantastic. enjoy your visit and safe drive home again.:flwrysmile:
 
How often did you stop along the way and for how long?
 
Woot woot Polkadot! You did it! Snow already is a pain in the butt but living in Michigan, you are used to driving in that nonsense :yes!:
Have a wonderful visit with your Mom. I'm sure you are just the tonic she needs right now. Now that you know your knee will hold up well you won't be dreading the drive home at the end of your visit.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom