LTHR while recovering from RTHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
chisels1 Wow, you have done well keeping that weight off! I am a hard case for losing weight-- have to really crank up the cardio intensity, which due to the hip of course has been pretty tame for nearly a year now, sigh. And will be for some time to come. I'm just getting able to walk a ways-- and what happens? My wonderful treadmill doesn't GO:hairpulling: So ticked. It may be a simple issue but I can't do a thing,b/c it's very very heavy and troubleshooting requires stooping and kneeling and leverage of parts and stuff. Hubby's to-do list is way backed up, I may have to drive to the Y to get walking in, how silly is that? LOL But I think soon I may be able to use a bike exerciser!
 
Sounds like hip #2 recovery is progressing really well Chisels.. How long will you be in your five star hotel... Hmmm! Meant to say Rehab :)



Poppet, I came home Wednesday from the Breakers and have had to settle on Sandals. I'm home and on my way to mobility. I have to remember to take it easy though and not take risks. I had a small setback getting into car and again yesterday going upstairs to find something. Coming down the stairs I almost skipped the proper technique and again pulled a muscle. So, I'm treating this like my first hip surgery and not looking to be a martyr.
 
chisels1 Wow, you have done well keeping that weight off! I am a hard case for losing weight-- have to really crank up the cardio intensity, which due to the hip of course has been pretty tame for nearly a year now, sigh. And will be for some time to come. I'm just getting able to walk a ways-- and what happens? My wonderful treadmill doesn't GO:hairpulling: So ticked. It may be a simple issue but I can't do a thing,b/c it's very very heavy and troubleshooting requires stooping and kneeling and leverage of parts and stuff. Hubby's to-do list is way backed up, I may have to drive to the Y to get walking in, how silly is that? LOL But I think soon I may be able to use a bike exerciser!



Moderation and Portion Control. No fads, no shakes, no weight watchers. I cut back my portions, eliminated sweets, most of the time. No Salt, plenty of water and lots of fruit and veggies, that's it. I rewarded myself once in awhile. As I lost weight I gained power to continue and this was through Thanksgiving and Christmas which I didn't deprive myself of, I just cut way back and stayed away from pastry and white bread.
 
chisels1 we are two peas in a pod regarding keeping weight where it's supposed to be. For me there's an additional factor-- usually if I've gone off the wagon I need to start the exercise first, as the feel-good I get from that allows me hope that I can yet again go back to the healthy eating. I don't cut back portions, and am "vegan+eggs" most of the time. Also no wheat. Beans, egg whites + one whole egg/day, olive oil in generous quantities, veg and fruits. Nuts. So far I've eliminated the cheese at lunch-- I'd gone off beans completely, couldn't stand the thought of them! I'm still working on liking bananas again-- every time I have general anaesthesia, I lose my taste for bananas, weird!

Congratulations!!!! On making it through T-giving and Christmas-- major major challenges right there! The cookie maker has an extra challenge, all alone in the kitchen with allll those lovely cookies:shocked: :rotfl:
 
chisels1 we are two peas in a pod regarding keeping weight where it's supposed to be. For me there's an additional factor-- usually if I've gone off the wagon I need to start the exercise first, as the feel-good I get from that allows me hope that I can yet again go back to the healthy eating. I don't cut back portions, and am "vegan+eggs" most of the time. Also no wheat. Beans, egg whites + one whole egg/day, olive oil in generous quantities, veg and fruits. Nuts. So far I've eliminated the cheese at lunch-- I'd gone off beans completely, couldn't stand the thought of them! I'm still working on liking bananas again-- every time I have general anaesthesia, I lose my taste for bananas, weird!

Congratulations!!!! On making it through T-giving and Christmas-- major major challenges right there! The cookie maker has an extra challenge, all alone in the kitchen with allll those lovely cookies:shocked: :rotfl:


Zauberflote, The holiday season is tough. I have four sons, the youngest is 20 and my wife bakes up a storm primarily for them. She also runs a tight ship and keeps her eye on me. With the hip there are some things I'm not supposed to do and she makes sure I don't break any rules. She just went to the store its 10:00 am est and I went outside for a walk in our rather long driveway. She doesn't want me to do that unless she is around, so I can be helped down the three stairs and the door being opened so my walker gets out/in. I just cheated, I'm fine, Lol
 
Hey @chisels11 Glad everything is going along pretty well for you. :) Those pulled muscles can happen, things seem to be pretty sensitive and tight after surgery. I found it really important to slow myself down when I moved - that was really hard, because I was just used to doing whatever, buzzing around the house, etc. I couldn't quite get it that my body was different. I still have a problem with that!
Your way of eating to maintain your weight sounds great - very sensible. I've found that dieting backfires, because then you get starved and eat everything. Much smarter to just eat right, with occassional treats, and get some exercise. Just like what you and zauberflöte do. It's more of a healthy lifestyle than a once in a while diet. Seems to work!
 
chisels1 heh heh I flummoxed my PT the first time he took me outside-- I tossed the walker in the holly hedge to keep it nearby while I used the railing going down the steps-- he'd never seen that before. I understand where your wife is coming from, but i also think you'll be ok-- you're good at the walker by now, for sure! :)
 
The left hip is a bit sore today put in extra PT and did a little weed trimming just close to house. Then later went upstairs to my shop and I haven't taken any pain meds other then Tylenol. The weather really stinks the last few weeks. I expect that when I'm going to be out for 4 to 6 weeks in the Summer that I get good weather but Nooooo, I get rainy thunderstorm daily ****. I want a rain check.
 
[Bonesmart.org] LTHR while recovering from RTHR
chisels1, know just where you're coming from. We've had over 7 inches of rain in the last 2 1/2 weeks. Humidity is off the chart, and the grass grows tall and weedy as we hate mowing wet grass and do so only under protest.

Well, if hip is only a "bit" sore after all that activity, it must be coming along nicely. When you get the time you might update your signature regarding your June surgery.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
O.K. here is one for you. I plan on heading to Maine in a few weeks, we are staying at a place with a pool and jacuzzi. I plan on using that Jacuzzi, now has anyone noticed a warming sensation from the implant after being out of the Jacuzzi, or in cold weather has anyone noticed a colder sensation. I mean these are Titanium.
 
Yes, they are metal, but well insulated by soft tissue. Your man-made hips will not feel warmer or colder than your original equipment did. So have fun in the hot tub!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom